Tom Yum Goong 2

Drunken Monk

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm guessing, Jija will play Jaa's sister and she's got into some shit with the gangster's and it's up to Jaa to help settle the score...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blue_skies
I knew that monk thing would be just a phase.

it was just the way to run down his contract, nothing more.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yes, very cool!

I understand the whole "3D is unnecessary" argument. For instance, in GREEN HORNET, other than a few teeth flying into the camera and the end credits it didn't really do much for the film. But it didn't detract from it (for me) either. It certainly doesn't bother me. However, I didn't see any of the upconverted 3D movies that people really cried foul about like CLASH OF THE TITANS. Maybe on those it did have a negative effect on people's enjoyment of the films.

I'll tell you what though, I just want to see cool movies. Especially cool martial arts movies. So Tony and Jijaa in the same film sounds like a great time to me! I don't care if it's a sequel or not. They could call it a sequel to DUMB AND DUMBER if they want, as long as it's a cool flick with lots of action, I don't care, I'll be waiting impatiently to see it. :nerd:

A) Let us hope it takes under five years to make it.

B) Let us hope it's limited to one steroid freak.

C) Let us hope Pinkaew went back to editing school.

D) Let us hope they will let someone do the final poster that made it out of photoshop 101.

ShaOW!linDude

Alright then! Let's get this film in the can!!!

I thought "Formless" would be out before this.

Alright then! Let's get this film in the can!!!

I thought "Formless" would be out before this.

Formless will begin shooting after TYG2.

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, I know. But I thought there was a post once (and I think it was yours, AV) where Marrese Crump was talking about training and gearing up for the film. I guess it got shoved to the back burner for the time being. I just thought that maybe it was at least in the editing stage by now. Ah, well.

Yeah, I know. But I thought there was a post once (and I think it was yours, AV) where Marrese Crump was talking about training and gearing up for the film. I guess it got shoved to the back burner for the time being. I just thought that maybe it was at least in the editing stage by now. Ah, well.

Yeah from what i understand, it was going to go into production but I'm guessing Rittikrai got hung up on other stuff, so Crump went to China to work on Man with the Iron Fists, and now with TYG2, so according to his reps, Formless will begin after TYG2.

My favourite Tony Jaa film is still Ong Bak 1. I didn't like all the bone breaking in TYG1, and then Tony went and made the turds Ong Bak 2 & 3 which were not anything to do with 1 and he moved away from muay thai which is silly in my opinion, also I do not like films set in the past (whats with all the makeup these thai people wear back then?).

Tony needs to keep things simple, stick to films set in the present day and stick to muay thai, and have some awesome stunts (without elephants).

My favourite Tony Jaa film is still Ong Bak 1. I didn't like all the bone breaking in TYG1, and then Tony went and made the turds Ong Bak 2 & 3 which were not anything to do with 1 and he moved away from muay thai which is silly in my opinion, also I do not like films set in the past (whats with all the makeup these thai people wear back then?).

Tony needs to keep things simple, stick to films set in the present day and stick to muay thai, and have some awesome stunts (without elephants).

Welcome to the forum space ghost.

Ong Bak it's still my favourite Tony Jaa film but I really liked TYG (warrior king) especially all the Bone breaking:xd: to be honest I really enjoyed the sequel to Ong Bak although it wasn't what I was expecting, I appreciated it more on second viewing. The third part was as you say awful.I also prefer my martial arts movies set in the present day but as long as the action is kick arse and its well choreographed, it really doesn't matter.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Ong Bak 2 was not turd my friend.. And what's with those Thai people wearing make-up back then??? That was centuries ago, I think that is the look they were going for in that time frame and movie.... Can't blame Jaa and Co. for trying to bring something fresh and unique...

Well........yes and no.

I get where you're coming from. But he still needs to mix things up from time to time. Otherwise we'll all start complain that all he does is the very things you mentioned.

Personally I always enjoy when an MA star explores a particular combat style or system in film besides using their "trademark" style. That's why I absolutely love "Ong Bak 2". Jaa delved into all manner of styles/systems. When was the last time HK filmmakers did anything like that? So if he can do both, that's alright by me.:bigsmile:

As far as not liking films set in the past.....I don't have any statistics to support this statement but you've probably picked a genre that has a higher percentage of "period piece" films that "modern day" ones.:tongue:

Tony has hardly made enough films to be exploring new styles yet. He has only been the lead in four films so far I believe, and half of those he was not doing muay thai. I don't know if the bone breaking stuff counts as muay thai in TYG either?

One Armed Boxer
Tony has hardly made enough films to be exploring new styles yet. He has only been the lead in four films so far I believe, and half of those he was not doing muay thai.

It's worth noting that Jaa learnt Muay Thai specifically for 'Ong Bak'. Before that he was trained in HK style screen fighting and kung-fu by Panna Rittikrai, and was a member of Rittikrai's stunt team that made countless low budget action movies, which enjoy great popularity in local Thai villages and towns (some of which are now available on DVD in the west, with Jaa's image plastered all over the sleeves, even if he can only be seen for 5 minutes in the whole movie!).

I don't know if the bone breaking stuff counts as muay thai in TYG either?

The bone breaking scene in 'Tom Yum Goong' is a variant of Muay Thai called Muay Koshasan. It's an ancient martial art that roughly translates to 'Smashing Elephant Boxing'. It was originally used by the Jaturungkabart, royal bodyguards, to protect the vulnerable spots on war elephants carrying the kings of old into battle....the dream animation sequence that Jaa has while sleeping in the girls apartment demonstrates it in action.

Tony has hardly made enough films to be exploring new styles yet. He has only been the lead in four films so far I believe, and half of those he was not doing muay thai. I don't know if the bone breaking stuff counts as muay thai in TYG either?

He's used Muay Thai in every film he's done to date. He just incorporated other MA styles in OB 2 & 3. But I understand......the heart wants what the heart wants.:smile:

Drunken Monk

I agree. Jaa seems to be digging his own grave and can't put his foot on the right path. It's disappointing to hear that, even after 8 months of filming, they're only 40% done.

However, this could mean that it has the most intricate, mind blowing choreography and stunt work we have ever seen. Sadly, I doubt that though.

Archived