Drunken Master Original English Dub

sdog2006

Hi Guys

Rank Video in the UK released Drunken Master in the late eighties with an absolutely hilarious dub.

I had the video but lost it, does anyone know the one I'm talking about? Whang Jan Lee is called Thunderfoot, instead of "Thunderleg"

Here is some of it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

One of my favorite dubbs! I love in the beginning when Hwang's target says "But still, you'll have to get past my Four Door Fist style", Thunderfoot replies "I don't care about your fists! I'm gonna break those first!" :nerd:

Son Of A Gun

Yep, it's a fun dub.

Cheers Mate

You don't happen to have a DVD transfer?

Sorry boss, if I did, i would have offered it. My copies of the MIHK VHS have macrovision, so I can only copy the audio. I will be adding the dub to a custom dvd in the future, but I'm sure someone has already done this.

I know that that not all copies of the MIHK video had macrovision though, because I used to have one.

There was a DVD put out by Front Row I believe. I have to dig around for it. It appears to have been taken from a pal VHS source. It had the original dub. I kept it after getting the Sony DVD a few years back because that one had a crap new dub on it. I love that old dub!

sifu iron perm

i need to get my hands on the orig dub/soundtrack vers of snake in the eagle..with the uncut cat/snake fight!

My vhs tape is damn near in ruins..

Son Of A Gun

So Snake in the Eagle's Shadow has 2x old english dubs too? Just like Drunken Master?

If so, I need to get a copy. :D

muppetdanny
There was a DVD put out by Front Row I believe. I have to dig around for it. It appears to have been taken from a pal VHS source. It had the original dub. I kept it after getting the Sony DVD a few years back because that one had a crap new dub on it. I love that old dub!

According to this old website there is no Front Row DVD verison of DM: http://hkfanatic.com/jackie/movies/dm/dm_info.php

I had both Snake and DM but got rid of them years back - Don't ask!

If anyone has customs or converted versions then please get in touch!

Hi Guys

Rank Video in the UK released Drunken Master in the late eighties with an absolutely hilarious dub.

I had the video but lost it, does anyone know the one I'm talking about? Whang Jan Lee is called Thunderfoot, instead of "Thunderleg"

Here is some of it.

Looks like someone on an 'alternative' forum has been reading this and decided to share a very cool looking custom version. Widescreen with original English dub. Pure awesomeness! :xd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Same here bro! If only the two could be merged- nice pic, fave dub... :smile:

According to this old website there is no Front Row DVD verison of DM: http://hkfanatic.com/jackie/movies/dm/dm_info.php

I've got the Front Row DVD. It does indeed exist.

Looks like someone on an 'alternative' forum has been reading this and decided to share a very cool looking custom version. Widescreen with original English dub. Pure awesomeness! :xd:

30 seconds later... my dream comes true! :nerd: Thanks for the heads up man. :bigsmile:

sifu iron perm

snake in the eagle shadow orig eng dub/soundtrack dvd? Not the made in hong kong version.

Son Of A Gun

So Snake in the Eagle's Shadow had 2x english dubs too? Yes or no? This is what I'm trying to find out.

I know it has 2 scores at least.

sifu iron perm
So Snake in the Eagle's Shadow had 2x english dubs too? Yes or no? This is what I'm trying to find out.

I know it has 2 scores at least.

i believe 2 scores only!

the made in HK release had the same dub.

i really want the orig score version on dvd!!

i wonder if FLK is selling that version?

sifu iron perm
what original score?

the old Rank uk version?

yes sir. The intro credits and training scenes had a diff score, much better IMO.Plus the snake vs cat scene was longer than the made in HK version.

Archived