Opium and the Kung Fu Master Blu Ray

Jay Stone

Anyone see this in any chain stores recently? Is it worth trying to track it down? I missed the boat and can't find it online anywhere. Not even eBay. I know BCI went out of business but is it possible that a store may have it in stock?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone see this in any chain stores recently? Is it worth trying to track it down? I missed the boat and can't find it online anywhere. Not even eBay. I know BCI went out of business but is it possible that a store may have it in stock?

Good movie, ending felt a bit rushed, but I enjoyed it. Definitely pick it up if you like Ti Lung or movies about opium.

Funimation re-released it last year, it's a copy of the IVL/Celestial print, but for some reason only includes Mandarin and no Cantonese audio:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKny1ELarNjKQdk4JDLbSqSU_4stzcEZmJtKT2sJYLK5wHnYbG&t=1

I found a copy at Hastings, a Texas book/video chain. I've also rented multiple Funimation Shaws at Redbox.

He was asking about the blu ray, not dvd.

This Blu Ray is insanely expensive nowadays and ridiculously difficult to find. It is simply stunning though, worth to spend some serious dough on!

OpiumKungFuCracker

There's really not that much of a difference on Bluray or Dvd especially for this movie...

There's really not that much of a difference on Bluray or Dvd especially for this movie...

Apart from the much superior picture quality!!

Yeah, I was asking specifically about the possibility of being able to actually find the blu ray in a store. If anyone has recently. Thanks all.

Kung Foolery
This Blu Ray is insanely expensive nowadays and ridiculously difficult to find.

Not really.

Got mine on ebay for less than $20.

A few weeks ago I posted an ebay link for a $20 'buy it now' one.

They pop up once in awhile, just keep your eyes peeled.

Not really.

Got mine on ebay for less than $20.

A few weeks ago I posted an ebay link for a $20 'buy it now' one.

They pop up once in awhile, just keep your eyes peeled.

Really? Thanks!

Was able to get one sealed on eBay for $28 plus shipping. Little more than I wanted to pay but whatever. Should have it tomorrow...

Funimation re-released it last year, it's a copy of the IVL/Celestial print, but for some reason only includes Mandarin and no Cantonese audio:

Think IVL's would be a PAL>NTSC conversion, where as BCI (Funimation possibly too) was proper NTSC.

But yes, Funimation does not include the Cantonese soundtrack (unlike BCI).

Oily Maniac

If anybody knows where I can find one of those for a decent price, don't hesitate to send me a message.

I managed to see a used copy of the BCI DVD version at an FYE a week ago :tongue: I have the BCI blu-ray though, so I'm good :wink:

Fang Shih-yu
I managed to see a used copy of the BCI DVD version at an FYE a week ago

I found three BCI Opium and the Kung Fu Master DVDs at a FYE near me. I got one for a friend and one for myself, and one of them was still partially sealed. They're more like "cut outs" than they are used copies. How many FYEs have these, I wonder?

At any rate, the price for them was sweet!:bigsmile:

Archived