Fast and Furious 6 (2013)

AlbertV

Dark Horizons:

Everyone knew further entries in the "Fast and Furious" franchise were inevitable, well now it's in writing.

"Fast Five" screenwriter Chris Morgan has signed a two-year first-look deal with Universal Pictures. The first project of that deal? You guessed it, "Fast Six" says The Hollywood Reporter.

No story details have been worked out yet, and it isn't known which characters from the previous movies in the franchise will return. A post-credits scene in the fifth film hints the sixth will be at least partly set in Berlin, while director Justin Lin tells SMH that Australia is potentially another option.

Morgan has penned every entry in the series since the third film "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" along with action features like "Wanted" and the upcoming "47 Ronin".

Meanwhile the studio has posted up an interactive trailer for the upcoming "Fast Five" which opens next week in the States and is already out in select international territories under the alternate title "Fast and Furious 5: Rio Heist"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*yawn*

These movies are terrible and Vin Diesel is a talentless hack. I can't believe they're still profitable.

The first film gave me a headache, but I like the second. Just the right amount of dumbness and unintentional coolness. Tokyo Drift was pretty much worthless. Why shoot in Japan when the country was hardly exploited in any way? They could have shot the same screenplay in Paris, Seoul, or London with minimal changes.

Still, consider me slightly interested. Car chase movies are always interesting. It's just too bad in modern films they're full of gunplay, explosions, CGI, all kinds of visual tricks... Where's the driving?

Death Proof was perfect, though.

I had only seen the 1st. movie I didn't even bother with the rest of these BS movies, but I will say this one does look pretty good with The Rock being in it! But I will not rush to se it in the movies! I'll wait for it on cable!

One Armed Boxer
Car chase movies are always interesting. It's just too bad in modern films they're full of gunplay, explosions, CGI, all kinds of visual tricks... Where's the driving?

True....that`s why, for all it`s flaws, I still greatly enjoyed Benny Chan`s `Connected`, not only was it better than the Hollywood original, but it also contained a couple of outstanding car chase scenes.

I`m also interested to check out `Motorway` once it gets released, you can check out the thread for it here, apparantly it`s a "Karate showdown on wheels"!:tongue:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8902

Fightingfist

I watched the previous four films and thought it was pretty good, any1 saw fast five and is it worth watching??

Fast Five was pretty repetitive of the others, but add Dwayne Johnson and Elsa Pataky (aka Mrs. Chris Hemsworth) as a FBI and Brazilian officer on the trail of Vin, Paul, and crew.

The latest news from E! Online is that THE RAID's Joe Taslim (he played Officer Jaka) has joined the cast of FAST SIX.

First film was okay, second was boring, third was decent, fourth sucked, but Fast Five came out of nowhere and was shockingly good. What made it good I think is because it was a heist movie more than a movie about racing, and I love good heist movies. Think Italian Job. Also it brought together people from all four movies to pull off the heist, so basically it is The Avengers of the Fast franchise.

I'm actually looking forward to Fast Six, as sad as that sounds.

Drunken Monk

I enjoyed both the first and fourth films (with the second being distinctly "meh") and found the fifth to be a massive step up. Just like Massa_Yoda, I thought it was a great heist flick packed with entertainment value. Granted, it's not Oscar worthy but for all out action and empty minded fun you can't go wrong.

Also, worthy of note is the fact that the fifth film is heavy on practical effects and low on CGI.

I'm looking forward to the sixth film also. I hope it's more in line with the fifth film than any of the previous ones.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Gina Carano and Joe Taslim in this movie/ holy shit!!! The return of Michelle Rodriguez, OMFG the hair on my balls is standing up and applauding this!!! Summer at the movies, can't wait!!

Elemental Fist
*yawn*

These movies are terrible and Vin Diesel is a talentless hack. I can't believe they're still profitable.

I call BS on that, watch Boiler Room, Find Me Guilty and the short film Multi-Facial and then tell me he's a talentless hack:yociexp34:

He's just a competent actor who did bad movies, among all the Fast and Furious films, I've only liked the first one, Tokyo Drift and Fast Five.

If Joe Taslim and Gina Carano don't have a throwdown, it will be the most grievous waste of potential since the utter waste of Statham, Li, and Yuen in War.

One Armed Boxer

Footage of Joe Taslim ('The Raid') in action has been released, sadly it's not against Gina Carano :tongue: -

6yBheqgs9Y8

Just seen this. I recommend it to everyone, best in the series so far! The plot is decent enough, but when it comes to the action sequences, boy does Justin Lin deliver! The stunts are well filmed and the fight scenes are great. Michelle Rodriguez vs Gina Carano was a highlight, as was the finale sequence, where there are three fights happening concurrently on a cargo plane that is being taken down. I has to be seen on the big screen!

blue_skies

I was watching a review of this last night on BBC and the guy was saying if you've seen the trailer you've seen all the best parts of the action and may as well not bother watching the movie.

blue_skies

I'm guessing it's not the trailer posted above in this thread because I recall him saying it was 4 min long. Anyway I'll no doubt see it on DVD at some point.

Part 6 is fun and silly (perhaps too silly at times), and it's getting increasingly sentimental, but overall it's entertaining enough.

Interesting to see that Hollywood still seems to think "England" is made up of London and nowhere else, and divided into toffs and cockneys.

I do hope the next one wraps it all up, though.

If you're watching for the fights, it's business as usual - some well shot moments mixed in with zoomed-in-wobbly-cam.

Nice to see Joe Taslim but Gina Carano is awful in this, I thought.

Lot of fun, like 5. Well paced and no down time but like 5, I don't know why straight story action pictures are 2 hours long. Great car chases and great stunts in this, like 5. You don't really see real stunts anymore and I really get into them. You can cgi me til next week but it never feels real to get into.

Enjoyed the fights as well. Hard, heavy, shot clean. Was surprised by that Walker throw down in the cell. That was damn good, crisp stuff.

Archived