Lady of the Law and Duel for Gold last night.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Last night I watched two Shaw films one I had seen the other I had not.

Lady of the Law and Duel for Gold.

Lady of the Law:

I had never seen. It took awhile to really get going and then it got really fun to watch Szu Shih and Lo Lie go to town. My only complaint with this one is that even the bad guy rapists, noticeably the incomparable Dean Shek leaping tall buildings like superman. But this aside a lot of fun in the last third.

I rate this one a 4.

Duel for Gold:

I believe is one of the greatest Shaw Brothers I have ever seen. If you have not seen this one do so you will come away, blown away.

No good guys and gals in this one. Each and everyone of our combatants turns out to be more villainous and greedy than the next.Whenever 'GOLD' is involved all bets are off. LOL.

Betrayal after betrayal. The fighting choreography is stunning some of the best I ever saw that's why I rate Duel for Gold in my tops list.

Plus most scenes filmed outdoors which is always preferable to me.

I rate this one a 5 star plus.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blood Sword

Duel for gold is excellent...it is one of very rare movies I watched immediately again after 1st view

Two awesome movies---I love both of those! Duel for Gold is a grim masterpiece, IMO---as you said, pretty much all villains and no real heroes, but a very compelling story. I love the narration/framing of that one, too.

Skepparkrans

Just recently watched Duel For Gold and i must say..

well its hard to point out but i thought the first hour was just so so, the story felt rushed, the action had cool ideas but i mean man, you could see the wires!

The robbery part was fun and cool and reminded me of Disney Robin Hood, it made me smile, even the music reminded me of Robin Hoood, maybe Disney even stole the idea from Duel For Gold?

But then came the second part of the movie, or the last 30 minutes that was absolutely brilliant! I loved every minue of it, great twist and turns, great acting and emotions, great action and gory deaths!

The last 30 minutes or so made me change the score from about a 6/10 to 8/10..

Archived