Fave Charles Bronson movies?

Guest rebelliousreign1

Guest gorlank

I liked Red Sun though it was a little goofy. Great clash of genres though. My fave is probably Magnificent Seven with Hard Times a close second.

There was a great Siskel and Ebert feature on the rise of Eastwood and decline of Bronson with their two classics, Dirty Harry and Death Wish. Wish was a huge movie but it was a career peak for Bronson who career took a nosedive afterwards.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dion Brother

Bronson signed with Cannon, who were profiteers, not filmmakers. They were more interested in selling product with an established name rather than making good movies. I know people are starting to look at that studio with fondness...I don't. Most of what Cannon released was junk. It's no surprise that Norris, Bronson and even Stallone took career nosedives as they signed for the $$$ instead of quality.

Guest limubai2000

I agree Dion.

But I find myself fond of those films from my childhood for many reasons. Mostly I think it was because that was the time period where I really discovered film and I watched every VHS I could lay my hands on. I grew to appreciate old westerns because of Lone Wolf McQuade, when my dad said "they updated spaghetti westerns" I went back and started renting them and loved them. So for me in a roundabout way through those films (which are mostly cheesy) I discovered more quality films and actors. Sort of a see me then study my influences type deal I guess.

I'm sure the studio suits at Cannon sucked like a Hoover just like most suits at the major studios today. Profit before content, audiences are stupid.

Guest Markgway

Many of Norris and Bronson's best/most entertaining films were made at Cannon (such as 'The Delta Force' and '10 to Midnight' respectively). And Stallone only did two films for them, one of which, 'Cobra', I quite like. So everyone has a different take on the studio.

Guest gorlank

I have to admit, I liked the various Cannon Ninja movies especially Ninja III with Lucinda Dickey. I think I cut high school to watch it.

how about death hunt with charles and lee marvin ...everyone tells me this one is awesome...saw it on dvd recently for cheap

Guest Reincarnation Of Thundering Mantis

Death Hunt is badass. Saw a lot of Bronson films as a kid including this one. Badass to the extreme!!!

Guest venoms5

Has anyone seen BREAKOUT? Bronson gets to do comedy as well as action in this one. One of his best in my opinion, plus I'm not sure how the filmmakers managed to get away with that graphic sequence of gore at the end and come away with a PG rating not counting the abundant language and a couple shots of brief nudity throughout. Bronson, who by all accounts has worked with seemingly every major celebrity throughout his illustrious career this time shares the screen with Robert Duvall, Randy Quaid and a host of tv stars at the time as well as the inevitable supporting role of his wife Jill Ireland. Other CB movies worth noting are KINJITE-FORBIDDEN SUBJECTS. Saw this recently from beginning to end and I must say one his best and sleaziest films along with 10 TO MIDNIGHT and THE EVIL THAT MEN DO. WHITE BUFFALO, RAID ON ENTEBBE, FROM NOON TILL THREE(not the typical Bronson film) the list goes on.

Guest Markgway

This was a '15' in the UK. But even so that rotor blade - human interface (presumably the gory bit you refer to...) really surprised me. That kinda thing used to get cut from R-rated movies!! :eek

Guest jirpy100

One of Death Hunt's investors was Golden Harvest. It's a Canadian-western if you will. It's certainly one of Bronson's better films.

Guest sakura2004

Its the new millenia--other than "Chato's Land", I don't think I could sit through a Bronson movie.

There are a few classics, however, where he had supporting roles.

Drum Beat

The Great Escape

The Battle of the Bulge

The Dirty Dozen

Guest Markgway
Its the new millenia--other than "Chato's Land", I don't think I could sit through a Bronson movie.

I have no idea what that's supposed to mean... |I

Guest sakura2004

The funky music and fashions of the day are too much for me to stomach. Looking at most of the titles listed, I don't think his action movies have much lasting value.

He has done many good`n great films but I name 3 only;

Cold Sweat

Breakout

Deathwish 3(propably has best ending ever in 80`s action film).

TibetanWhiteCrane

I love a lot of his stuff, but my top 3 faves is no doubt

Death Wish

Death Wish 3

Ten To Midnight

Archived