Fave Charles Bronson movies?

Guest rebelliousreign1

Guest rebelliousreign1

Charles Bronson made many great action flicks, but what are the favourites on this forum?

I loved:

'Death Wish 1 and 3' (The finest vigilante films)

'The Stone Killer' (Charles does Dirty Harry)

'The Mechanic' (very stylish in my opinion)

'Mr Majestyk' (great fun)

'The Evil That Men Do' (arguably Charlie's best non Paul Kersey performance- and his last great film..)

He delivered the goods in '10 To Midnight' too, but that was such a trashy film...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest razorclam

Hands down his best has got to be Once Upon a Time in the West. I also remember a good mystery called Rider in the Rain.

Guest rebelliousreign1

That is probably the greatest western ever made and I forgot about it...Charlie was brilliant in that movie- I don't even think Clint would have been better...

Guest kenichiku

The Mechanic

Death Wish

Red Sun

Once Upon A Time...

Hard Times

Dirty Dozen

White Buffalo

Stone Killer

Valachi Papers

Chato's Land

Rider In The Rain

Guest DrFuManchu

Besides the fantastic ones mentioned,

Death Wish 4 was arguably the best in my opinion of the whole Death Wish series.

Guest rebelliousreign1

I also liked 'Death Wish 4': maybe the script wasn't great, but who else bar Bronson would have been convincing as an action hero at about 67-ish? That film had a very high bodycount too by Hollywood standards...

In fact the only 'Death Wish' film I didn't like was the fifth one- apart from Bronson's still innovative killing devices, I mainly remember a very ridiculous scene where Paul Kersey did a full flip off a rooftop....probably one of the most implausible scenes in an action film ever.

And yes- 'Hard Times' is a great film too.

Guest kenichiku

Man you guys are messing with my head here. I swear this thread is a deja vu from about 3 months ago. Someone forgot to list 'Hard Times', someone brings it up, another compliments it. Though in different sequence, I think you same guys respond too! Twilight zone.

Guest rebelliousreign1

'Death Wish 3' is indeed the one where Paul Kersey takes out a bewildering amount of hoodlums with a massive gatling gun, even using a rocket launcher on one unlucky recipient...The first 'Death Wish' film I ever saw!

Guest Violento

The "Death Wish" movies are really, really DARK movies. I kinda like 'em. The gritty, urban feel reminds me of Hong Kong crime thrillers, most notably "On The Run" with Yuen Biao. Similiar dark climate and tragic events.

Best Bronson movie? Hands down - "Once Upon A Time In The Wes", also the best western ever made. I think that he was better than Clint in any of the "Man With No Name" Trilogy movies.

Guest Markgway

I currently own these on DVD:

Death Wish

Death Wish II

10 to Midnight

Messenger of Death

Kinjite - Forbidden Subjects

Once Upon a Time in the West

I have Murphy's Law on the way. Been a good while since I last saw it.

I'm probably in the minority but I kinda prefer the slick Cannon programmers... Don't flame me!! :P

Guest rebelliousreign1

The Cannon ones were kind of average in my opinion- not bad though, as Bronson made them worthwhile. He gave a great performance in '10 To Midnight', which was one of the greatest he ever did, so he never gave up acting in the Cannon era.

Guest KidwiththeGoldenArm

Once Upon a Time in the West

Death Wish

Stone Killer

The Mechanic

Hard Times.

He's also great in The Magnificent Seven and The Great Escape.

i saw these at the stores ..they have great covers ...i have once upon a time in the west(part of my spaghetti collection)

but wich first five should i buy

1-death wish

2?

3?

4?

5?

Guest venoms5

DEATH WISH 1-4 are worth owning, forget 5. One of Bronsons best TEN TO MIDNIGHT, one of the best slasher movies ever and featuring one of the ballsiest endings ever. Also recommended are MURPHYS LAW, VIOLENT CITY and HARD TIMES. Check out 1953's HOUSE OF WAX with Vincent Price. Bronson plays Price's henchman under his real name of Charles Buchinsky. Chuck also appeared with Price in the sci fi fantasy MASTER OF THE WORLD as the hero. Bronson is a bit out of place in this film but is still worth a look to see him in a non cowboy-vigilante role. Also Bronson and Price did not get along at all working together on these two films.

Guest venoms5

The only DEATH WISH film I know that had problems with the MPAA was the second one. If you have an all region player you can purchase the first two DEATH WISH films uncut on the same disc or in a box set from www.xploitedcinema.com one of the best places to order Eurosleaze and exploitation. They also sell movie soundtracks particularly spaghetti westerns and giallos.

Archived