Marko Zaror - what films are in the pipeline?

blue_skies

I haven't heard much about Marko Zaror lately and wondered what films are coming to DVD soon and what films he's currently in production with?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

I actually sat next to him during a screening of the Korean movie, 'Private Eye' at Fantastic Fest.. Pretty chilled laid back kind of guy, really nice.... Looking forward to his next project as well, really enjoyed Undisputed III, with his fight against Scott Adkins...

The Amazing Psycho Per

Apart from what is out right now (Kiltro, Mirageman and Undisputed 3), Mandrill's North American rights belong to Magnet so maybe we could see a DVD release this year. He also had a small part in a kid movie called Mitos Y Leyendas that was released last year in Chile, don't know if will ever be released over here. There were also talks for a US remake for Mirageman called The Defender that was supposed to be in 3D. Haven't heard about that in a while though, don't know if it's still happening...

OoVLXpUcRcM

thanks guys!

I've a couple to get round to watching once available but I was hoping to hear of new films really.

The Last Dragon

I'm glad someone brought up Mandrill. I haven't heard anything about it for a year now or it being released on DVD. What I did hear was that it bad ass. Magnet needs to hurry up and release this whenever that is. Kiltro was good but nothing special to me but Mirageman was fantastic even the story was great.

Defender 3D is still in developmental phase...mainly because of funding issues if I remember right. I had a chat with a friend who is best friends with Andy Cheng and she told me what was going on with it.

Improvisation

Yeah, where's that release of Mandrill? I was trying to find this movie the other day but found that it hasn't gotten a DVD release yet. It's supposed to be the James Bond of Chile.

ShaOW!linDude

IMDb says "Mandrill" had a September 2009 and 2010 release date.

I can't find this movie anywhere.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1434618/

I'm finding places to rent it or rip it or download it but no site seems to have the dvd for sale and it's rocking on 2 years now.

SD, there's clearly never been a release or someone would have mentioned it on here before just after it was made available. I must admit I'm surprised it hasn't been yet but it must be some time soon.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Guys, when they say "released" they're referring to it being shown in extremely limited theatrical release. I saw it a festival last year.

If KILTRO was silly, sometimes cool, super low budget with amazing martial arts, and MIRAGE MAN was two steps forward with a better story, dark comedy, elevated production values and even more incredible martial arts, then MANDRILL is one step (or maybe two) backwards. Though it was still very entertaining, it was really done cheap and fast. I was told that the star and director like doing the film festival circuit so much, that they basically threw this film together just to have an excuse to visit all the film festivals! LOL :tongue: It feels like something you might have seen in a Grindhouse theater in the '70s. A bit disjointed story-wise, the acting and script ranges from great to laughable, with some really cool and inspired moments and some kickass action. I will definitely be picking this up when it's released. I think I heard that Magnolia picked it up. But can't remember for sure. I say don't DL it. I'm betting it'll be along any time now.

ShaOW!linDude

I don't know how to dl jack anyway.

I've been patient this long, what's a little longer, right?

Mmmm, I thought the film was supposed to be sort of an intentional spoof of the spy genre films. Maybe they just said that after seeing the finished product. ("Yeah, we meant to do that, yeah.")

Eager to see it. Don't care who's got the rights. Just bah---ring it!

The Amazing Psycho Per
Mmmm, I thought the film was supposed to be sort of an intentional spoof of the spy genre films. Maybe they just said that after seeing the finished product. ("Yeah, we meant to do that, yeah.")

No, there is no debate here, it is very obvious they knew the were making some sort of spoof/homage. The problem is that it's not a spoof on James Bond, but rather on cheap James Bond style TV series knock offs. So it sometimes get to silly for it's own good, especially toward the end. I'd say it falls somewhere between Kiltro and Mirageman. It's still pretty entertaining. I know I'll be buying it.

The Amazing Psycho Per

By the way, I totally forgot about Chinango... Don't know if you know about this one but it was Marko Zaror's first role... It's available on DVD.

H8F4PxlV2kc

ShaOW!linDude

Wow, forgot about CHINANGO myself.

Got it. It has its moments. The story's not so great but there's some good choreography in this. Definitely worth owning.

ShaOW!linDude

Wonder if this is going to get made. It looks to have some interesting footage so far. The fight with the trick bike gang looks a bit like something taken from Tom Yum Goong. Can't say I'm keen on the mask here. I prefer the "Spidey" look from Mirageman.

I don't really get the reason for doing a US remake of this anyway (just like The Raid). If US studios think Marko is a viable commodity, why not just create a fresh film for him?

• Administrator

I understand why everyone is saying "Why do a remake?", but I'm such a fan of Zaror that I'll gladly watch a remake of MIRAGEMAN just to get to see him in action again. I hope they finish this soon!

I agree with ShaOW!linDude about the mask though.

ShaOW!linDude
I understand why everyone is saying "Why do a remake?", but I'm such a fan of Zaror that I'll gladly watch a remake of MIRAGEMAN just to get to see him in action again. I hope they finish this soon!

Don't get me wrong, bruh. As a fan, I'll certainly support his effort, even if it's a remake. I was just saying....

I wasn't really a fan of Mirageman and recall being very disappointed with it at the time. So given the chance to see Zaror polishing his own film up interest me quite a bit and will hopefully be the film I wanted to see last time. Speaking of Zaror I just received Mandrill which I'm looking forward to seeing.:bigsmile:

I wasn't really a fan of Mirageman and recall being very disappointed with it at the time. So given the chance to see Zaror polishing his own film up interests me quite a bit and will hopefully be the film I wanted to see last time. Speaking of Zaror I just received Mandrill which I'm looking forward to seeing.:bigsmile:

ShaOW!linDude

Cool beans! Look forward to hearing what you think of Mandrill.

I don't deny that Mirageman is rough in places, especially story-wise, but I like its rawness and there are some great fight pieces in that, and if you've seen Kiltro and Chinango, then you note a progression which I think you'll also see in Mandrill.

Archived