The Club [1981] Chan Wai Man

OpiumKungFuCracker

Fingers Hung

Does anyone have a copy of this film with this particular scene intact?

club-27.JPG

I suppose this is from a sex scene near the end of the film, involving Michael Chan and Erina Miyai. It is neither on the Eastern Heroes tape nor on the (supposedly uncut) dubbed Ocean Shores VHS. You can find three more screenshots of that scene here.

By the way, the dubbed Ocean Shores tape is missing bits and pieces that are in the Eastern Heroes version (such as a brief scene in which Wilson Tong forces Kent Cheng to drink water from a toilet).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odioustrident

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• The Dragon

• TibetanWhiteCrane

odioustrident

So apparently Ocean Shores put this film out on ld, vcd and vhs in Cantonese/Mandarin. I have a feeling they could all be uncut.

The DVD-R I've got of this was full screen and Mandarin.

Sadly, I had to put it in storage before I could watch it so can't check, but as it's in Mandarin does this mean it's uncut?

odioustrident

Ok grabbed this from an old post on another forum, not all this info is correct but it might indicate that none of the OS releases feature the scene(s) people are looking for. We know the dubbed OS tape is missing violence right? I can't remember myself. Not sure if this is the info you were citing earlier markgway. I was told that the OS vcd was fully uncut, but since there are mutually exclusive scenes from different versions of this film.... I'm not so sure.

"The Club There are two UK PAL-VHS releases from "Eastern Heroes". One is an edited version in Cantonese with English subs, the other one (released in their "God, Gamblers and Gangsters Collection") is, supposedly, the "Full uncut version" in Mandarin. The edited version might have been mastered from the Ocean Shores LD, which has the exact same edits (mostly to delete sex scenes and nudity, the uncut version also has a few extra shots of violence). However, the edited UK-tape has a sort of "deleted scenes-montage" at the end of the film, which features some, but not all, of what has been removed. There are two HK-VHS tapes from Ocean Shores, both uncut, one featuring subs, one dubbed in English without subs. The dubbed version uses some different music to replace American rock songs used without permission. "

edit: haha I now see this is your post markgway... not enough fans out there.

Ok grabbed this from an old post on another forum, not all this info is correct but it might indicate that none of the OS releases feature the scene(s) people are looking for. We know the dubbed OS tape is missing violence right? I can't remember myself. Not sure if this is the info you were citing earlier markgway. I was told that the OS vcd was fully uncut, but since there are mutually exclusive scenes from different versions of this film.... I'm not so sure.

"The Club There are two UK PAL-VHS releases from "Eastern Heroes". One is an edited version in Cantonese with English subs, the other one (released in their "God, Gamblers and Gangsters Collection") is, supposedly, the "Full uncut version" in Mandarin. The edited version might have been mastered from the Ocean Shores LD, which has the exact same edits (mostly to delete sex scenes and nudity, the uncut version also has a few extra shots of violence). However, the edited UK-tape has a sort of "deleted scenes-montage" at the end of the film, which features some, but not all, of what has been removed. There are two HK-VHS tapes from Ocean Shores, both uncut, one featuring subs, one dubbed in English without subs. The dubbed version uses some different music to replace American rock songs used without permission. "

edit: haha I now see this is your post markgway... not enough fans out there.

The FLK version runs for 1:25:11 NTSC format.

tangshandaxiong

At the moment many "custom" projects of classic and partly rare ma-films are in the works and already have been shared on ADC for example. Therefore I wanted to ask if there wouldn`t be a good chance that this could happen with "The Club"? As there still is no sign of an upcoming release so if I`d own a copy of it I`d hit the chance and ask a member with better knowledge to do that. I mean this movie surely deserves a proper release.

odioustrident
Does anyone have a copy of this film with this particular scene intact?

club-27.JPG

I suppose this is from a sex scene near the end of the film, involving Michael Chan and Erina Miyai. It is neither on the Eastern Heroes tape nor on the (supposedly uncut) dubbed Ocean Shores VHS. You can find three more screenshots of that scene here.

By the way, the dubbed Ocean Shores tape is missing bits and pieces that are in the Eastern Heroes version (such as a brief scene in which Wilson Tong forces Kent Cheng to drink water from a toilet).

This scene is on the unsubbed OS laserdisc of this film, along with another nude scene earlier on that I'm not sure is on the Eastern Heroes or OS dub tape. I'll compare the three versions another time. I think there is a fourth, subbed and maybe uncut version based on the pictures in that link.

I don't think the Kent Cheng toilet scene is in the OS ld version.

There has been some talk of doing a composite but who knows. There are 3 versions of the film with mutually exclusive scenes.. so it's a major project to undertake.

Reel Power Stunts

A composite has already been made earlier this year with Eng dub/Cantonese audio options.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it surfaces in the usual places.

There has been some talk of doing a composite but who knows. There are 3 versions of the film with mutually exclusive scenes.. so it's a major project to undertake.

Ok. Thanks. I guess it's just a matter of time.

Chinatown Kid

I don't understand what's so bad about him, his technique has never impressed me at least on screen. He may have done some kickboxing but I guarantee Benny Urquidez would flatten his ass in seconds! I guess maybe cause he was a triad and would hack people up with a meat cleaver? To me that would just make him a prick....

Jesse Smooth
I don't understand what's so bad about him, his technique has never impressed me at least on screen. He may have done some kickboxing but I guarantee Benny Urquidez would flatten his ass in seconds! I guess maybe cause he was a triad and would hack people up with a meat cleaver? To me that would just make him a prick....

The meat cleaver when its in certain hands...:tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

When you guys say triad, he has in the past, terminated some of his peers?? This guy scares me, where's my mommy!!!!

Chinatown Kid

I don't know for sure man I'm just going on his reputation as a thug and for being a known member of the Triads like Wang Yu. Seems like the eagle tattoo on his chest has something to do with it just like in the Japanese Yakuza....