Black Dynamite: The Animated Series - Spring 2012

AlbertV

Cartoon Network's [adult swim] have officially announced that they have picked up the animated series adaptation of the 2009 blaxploitation spoof/homage BLACK DYNAMITE. Even more good news, Michael Jai White is returning to voice Black Dynamite as well as Tommy Davidson, Kym Whitley, and Byron Minns all returning to voice their characters from the original film.

Carl Jones, who directs THE BOONDOCKS, for [adult swim] is directing the Black Dynamite series. Here are some promo shots:

BDanimated3.jpg

BDanimated-thumb-600x337-18761.jpg

Story at Twitch

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's some gorgeous art!

What with this and the forthcoming graphic novel, 2011 will be BD's time to shine, baby!!!

Jesse Smooth

I'm happy for Michael and I do want him to succeed, but isn't it kinda fucked up that he had to do voice work while Jason Statham continues to make movies that get theatrical releases?

I'm happy for Michael and I do want him to succeed, but isn't it kinda fucked up that he had to do voice work while Jason Statham continues to make movies that get theatrical releases?

That's the truth! Michael has genuine skills and is always highly watchable in his movies, whilst Statham is just downright awful. I just don't understand how he became an action star!

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

Jason Statham looks and acts like a trendy nightclub owner who thinks he's badass because he has a dozen big security guys at his disposal.

The only disappointing thing about BD The Series is that it won't be on until next year. Adult Swim tipped it a while ago in their bumps, so I was kind of hoping it would be on this summer or fall!

Jesse Smooth
I have said it before and I'll say it again:

Jason Statham looks and acts like a trendy nightclub owner who thinks he's badass because he has a dozen big security guys at his disposal.

In other words, there's not much to him. I won't go into a rant about Hollywood and politics, but I was just pointing out the obvious and that's wrong.

August 8 will be the premiere of the pilot of the new animated series.

Check out the trailer at Twitch

did you not see the pilot 2 parter KFB?

u can still catch it here--> Part 1

and also here---------------> Part 2

dont be no jive sucka & miss that frog Kurtis :xd:

Archived