An Assassin (2011) - Go Ohara

AlbertV

anassassin.jpg

The director of GEISHA VS. NINJA is taking a break from splatter films and directing a film noir entitled AN ASSASSIN.

Plot:

Ryo Hanaki was raised to be a professional assassin. One day he was defeated by some accident in the mission. Here he meets Rio, an attractive high school girl. He spent days as a heartless assassin, but his life starting changes after he helps Rio. By a twist of fate, Rio who was a complete unknown became an assassin target overnight. A single mistake from his decision to save Rio decided the destiny of the masses...

The film has wrapped shooting and Ohara is now in post-production.

Twitch

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering how skillfully Ohara did everything wrong with Goth Loli Psycho...

...but then again, a more serious approach is exactly what he should take. So, in a way this looks a like a step in the right direction. I just wonder if he has what it takes to make a succesful noir.

Aarrgghh, still thinking about how great Goth Loli should have been, and how not-great in turned out, save for the perfect first 10 minutes...

Is Geisha vs. Ninja gory? I'm just wondering why Ohara is being referred as one of the "leading directors of the extreme splatter movement". Goth Loli is not a splatter film.

One Armed Boxer

Ummm....I`m wondering if the guy who created the poster art has been influenced by a certain other move of late?:tongue:

the-man-from-nowhere-poster-lg.jpg

Guest WuxiaFan
Plot:

Ryo Hanaki was raised to be a professional assassin. One day he was defeated by some accident in the mission. Here he meets Rio, an attractive high school girl. He spent days as a heartless assassin, but his life starting changes after he helps Rio. By a twist of fate, Rio who was a complete unknown became an assassin target overnight. A single mistake from his decision to save Rio decided the destiny of the masses...

Kinda sounds like NINJA ASSASSIN...maybe it's just me.

:khi3f:

Ummm....I`m wondering if the guy who created the poster art has been influenced by a certain other move of late?:tongue:

OK, it's not just me! :ooh:

From the poster art alone, before reading the plot, I thought it was going to be a remake of THE MAN FROM NOWHERE

One Armed Boxer

Honestly...although it pains me to say it, I have absolutely zero faith in the Japanese movie industry of today being able to produce a quality movie of this type of genre.

Leave it to Korea....they know what they're doing. This will likely be another 2 hour plus snooze-a-thon a la 'Amalfi: Rewards of the Goddess' and 'Rain Fall', only good as a cure for insomnia.

Best to watch Chiba or Takakura in 'Golgo 13'.

Kinda sounds like NINJA ASSASSIN...maybe it's just me.

& 'Bangkok Dangerous', & 'Leon', &.....oh what's the point.:crossedlips:

From the poster art alone, before reading the plot, I thought it was going to be a remake of THE MAN FROM NOWHERE

You know on closer inspection, what exactly is going on in that poster, the assassin is getting a piggyback off the school-girl!?

Archived