The Hunted (1995)

Jeru the Damaja

Jeru the Damaja

Anybody here seen this little gem that has somehow flown under the radar for years? I always thought it was one of the great Christopher Lambert's best. The original Highlander of course being his very best. There is some pretty good swordplay, and the plot is not too shabby as well.

Synopsis:

Paul is on one of his many business trips to Tokyo, as a computer-chip executive from New York, when he meets a beautiful and mysterious woman. Later, he finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, inadvertently interrupting an assassination by a feared Ninja-cult. As he is now the only man to have seen the face of the cult's warrior-leader and lived, he soon realizes that he is facing a markedly foreshortened life-expectancy. Teaming up with a friendly samurai couple, on a two-centuries-old blood-feud with the Ninja, he struggles to survive. Finally, recuperating on an island-fortress, he learns swordsmanship, and perhaps, a little about courage, honor, love, and loyalty. The requisite final confrontation is rife with bloody swordplay and spectacular martial-arts action sequences.

ShaOW!linDude

I dvr'ed it about 3 yrs. ago and watched it. Last I've ever seen of it.

I like the movie and I like John Lone as an actor but he just doesn't sell me as being a ninja.

Did it ever get a dvd release?

Jeru the Damaja
I dvr'ed it about 3 yrs. ago and watched it. Last I've ever seen of it.

I like the movie and I like John Lone as an actor but he just doesn't sell me as being a ninja.

Did it ever get a dvd release?

http://www.amazon.com/Hunted-Christopher-Lambert/dp/0783230362/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1301718788&sr=1-2

-SVsKN8F5Jw

GREAT movie. Blew my mind when it first came out. Love the train fight. =D

John Lone is an amazing actor. Check him out in YEAR OF THE DRAGON and ICE MAN (hehe)

Cognoscente
On 4/2/2011 at 4:00 AM, ShaOW!linDude said:

You would think that his Beijing Opera background would count for something.

• Like 2