Jeff Speakman -. the expert...

Blood Sword

Blood Sword

so..is this any good?I am considering to pick it.price not cheap but if u have good or even bad opinions pls let me know...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo! a jeff speakman thread, i just ordered Land of the Free, and Street Knight!

as for Expert well id say its in his top 3 best. Perfect weapon/Street Knight/Expert ..

ShaOW!linDude

I concur. The Expert is one of Speakman's better movies simply due to the fact that there's a good bit of MA in it. Score it if you can.

AndyWayne84

The Expert is one of the best Speakman flim's next to The Perfect Weapon. Having such epic MA action if only i could find that mvie i want to own it so badly.

The Expert is one of the best Speakman flim's next to The Perfect Weapon. Having such epic MA action if only i could find that mvie i want to own it so badly.

find what movie? perfect weapon? its on ebay just not to cheap lol

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Yeah, THE EXPERT is a cool little flick. Wish it had more hand to hand combat, but the brief knife fighting... er, maybe I should call it a "knife assault" actually... is really brutal and realistic. The guy that plays the villain is an over-acting goober that usually gets on my nerves. But in this role, it works for his character. He and his actions are truly despicable, and I was definitely shouting for Jeff to toast this bastard by the film's end.

AndyWayne84
find what movie? perfect weapon? its on ebay just not to cheap lol

I have the Perfect Weapon. I can't find the Expert and Street Knights on DVD those are my favorites next to the Perfect Weapon that showed Speakman at his best.

I have the Perfect Weapon. I can't find the Expert and Street Knights on DVD those are my favorites next to the Perfect Weapon that showed Speakman at his best.

o ok , i need perf weapon lol,, i just ordered street knight on amazon other night got lucky and some nut posted 1 for 1.65 i clicked it so fast my keyboard smoked lol,, theres one new for 89 bux lol, and theres an Expert on ammy for 24.99 if ur willin to pay that i think its to high myself lol

Speakman was interviewed by Mike Leeder and Guy Larke (Casanova Wong's student) for the June Issue of Impact Magazine :) He discussed his acting career, his almost appearance in The Twins Effect, and his next project LIDO, which he is starring and producing.

The Expert has been out in the UK as a budget DVD for quite a while so should still be easy to find.

I wanted to like this but was let-down - maybe because it was written by the great Max Allan Collins, and I expected more from him.

The Perfect Weapon has a legit release in Oz, apparently.

Anyone ever find the TV version - with extra scenes - on DVD anywhere?

ShaOW!linDude

Granted the film isn't the best but it's better than some he did. James Brolin is fun to dislike as the prison warden.

Deadly Outbreak came out about the same time and is the better of the 2 as far as MA contained and the amount of it. And you have Ron Silver chewing up the scenery. Sadly it's never had a dvd release.

sad thing about THE EXPERT is that all DVDs are horribly cropped to 1.33 from the Original 2.35 Panavision Ratio. only the US Laserdisc is in the proper Widescreen :(

DEADLY OUTBREAK was out on DVD on Hong Kong! even unrated, with more Violence than the R-Rated US VHS Version.

bamboo spear

Was this the one where he had to break into the prison that had the crazy warden? I remember watching that with my roomate in the mid-90's many times.

yeah, that is THE EXPERT. btw, should be with MGM Now (Orion Logo on LD), so watch your HD Channels over there...

Archived