Longstreet - Panmedia DVDs

KenSakura

Are the two Panmedia releases sourced from the Japanese box set which was released a few years ago? My copies of Bruce's Longstreet episodes are sourced from old VHS and I'm looking for an upgrade.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Me too, I so badly want that Japanese boxset but that sombitch cost like 300 bucks or some shit, JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!!

i have these and i think they are from japanese set. i also have a copy of the japanese episosdes and these are slightly better.

also you get the here comes the bride episode and the scenes from ironside and i think marlowe (not sure without checking).

i know people frown on panmedia but it this case i`d go with them, infact i did :xd:

That's cool if the Panmedia releases are remastered. I was dubious because there is a fan set on Ebay which also includes Here Come the Brides/Ironside. I thought perhaps Panmedia just duplicated it. The episodes on the fan set are sourced from TV recordings with channel logos. If the Panmedia versions are of a similar grade to the Japanese box set then I'll definitely make a purchase.

Son Of A Gun

I have copies of the Japan discs. The quality is nothing special. Not far off the VHS bootleg I had previously. I'd like to see a comparison between Pan Media's and the Japan boxset, to see what kind of remastering they've done.

I expect they brightened it up and tweaked the colours. That's all you can do really, I think.

Son Of A Gun

I guess the quality is ok for an old tv show. I just thought it was a bit too dark. But perfectly fine for enjoying. I'm just being fussy.

i've got the original japanese set-i'll post some caps from it when i get a chance.

Great! Can you do a comparison with the two above pictures?

Great! Can you do a comparison with the two above pictures?

I have a nice version of longstreet all epi's where bruce lee is in.

Will post tonight some pictures of it.

Archived