Fighter [2007] Denmark

OpiumKungFuCracker

OpiumKungFuCracker

Nope not the Oscar worthy film about the life of Irish Mickey Ward (The Fighter).. Nope not the Channining Tantumptampon or whatever his name is (Fighting)..

It's a 2007 Denmark/Sweden Martial Arts movie with a girl protagonist.... It's like if Bend It Like Beckham and Rocky had sex, this movie would emerge from the cracks... It's an awesome coming of age tale of a girl who loves martial arts but is forbidden by her family to practice it because she's a chick... All sorts of good shit is in this movie and it even has that Crouching Tiger guy, the bald headed one, not Chow Yun Fat's charcter, the other one.. He plays her Sifu, Folks this is a surprise gem, and it's awesome to have a movie in this genre that's not from your usual region, GO SEEK THIS OUT!!!

Took me forever to find the goddamn trailer especially with an obvious title called, 'Fighter'.. Who the fuck would name a movie like that?? Almost every martial arts movie is called fighter this or fighter that, Jesus fucking christ!!! Be creative with the titles DENMARK!!!

njeLU_uvhM8

91mVVMDVvuL._AA1500_.jpg

Links to buy the movie embedded below...

http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Molly-Blixt-Egelind/dp/B002IRYYCS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1301405483&sr=8-4

• Like 1

Good recommendation. I saw this one on cable about a month ago. Interesting story and some really good fight choreography. Thanks for reminding me that I need to pick this up on DVD.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

I dvr'ed this sometime last year and watched it. I'd heard good things about it. I enjoyed it. Not a movie I think I really care to own but I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a view. Definitely worth a rental. If I ever get a chance to record it and watch it again sometime down the road, I'd do it.

• Like 1

dionbrother

REDBELT is my other favorite western M.A. movie. We need more REDBELT and FIGHTER, and less CRADLE 2 THE GRAVE and ROMEO MUST DIE.

• Like 1

It's Bend It Like Beckham if remade with a more serious tone and replacing soccer with kung fu. A Turkish woman in Denmark is forced between her family's customs and values and her passion for martial arts. Directed by Natasha Arthy, the film features Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon's Gao Xian as the sifu who takes Aicha, our protagonist under his wing as she competes in a tournament with the heavy favorite being someone who has ties to her family. MV5BYzMzMmJhM2YtMzNlYS00YTg0LTgyYjctYzQw

WHOOPS! LOL I couldn't find the thread, but the merging works as well :) I still enjoy this film now and again.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2