The Big Boss locations (Pak Chong)- videos

Son Of A Gun

Son Of A Gun

Some recent videos of the The Big Boss shooting locations in Pak Chong.

Anyone else visited these places and taken photos? I'd love to see them.

ckp1HkwpGKw

o1dGy_sFNKo

YyA-gT3LbKw

Y5EVi8drdI0

b2v9FxLlNcU

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

I wouldn't like to ask. I'd be afraid of being told to "stick around for a while. The manager wants to have a talk with you, right now".

:bigsmile:

Son of a gun, great tread! I know that John Little has been working on a documentary about the filming locations of Bruce's movies (including Big Boss/Pak Chong) which will be released this summer if all goes as planned. Marcos Ocana who in the youtube clips have done a few articles about the location (private life in Hong Kong and film), incl. Pak Chong (Big Boss). Most of Pak Chong's Big Boss the locations looks pretty much the same today, with some changes of course.

Son Of A Gun

^Apparently the French release is an early unfinished edition. He is still working on a better version for release in other countries. But I'd still like to see the french version. :)

I don't understand why he would release it France unfinished, instead of waiting untill it's completed and release worldwide.

Is it a case of him signing a deal to release the documentary by at a certain date in France and having to stick to that not matter what?

Son of a gun, great tread! I know that John Little has been working on a documentary about the filming locations of Bruce's movies (including Big Boss/Pak Chong) which will be released this summer if all goes as planned. Marcos Ocana who in the youtube clips have done a few articles about the location (private life in Hong Kong and film), incl. Pak Chong (Big Boss). Most of Pak Chong's Big Boss the locations looks pretty much the same today, with some changes of course.

Unfortunately the places have changed too much for my liking. I wish they could stay the same forever. :( But the Boss's house could be landscaped to look like it did. If someone was allowed to do it. Hell, I'd love to do that for a project. :smile:

I want to see the little waterfall location too. He hasn't posted a video of that place yet.

It is a 90 minutes runnung time. and I think it is complete version...4 location from BIG - WAY - FIST - ENTER...

Very great work. I love this dvd.

Son Of A Gun

I guarantee the worldwide release will be a more polished version. But I'd still like to see this french version since it's out now. :D

Someone worked hard to hunt down the shooting location of the opening scene of Enter the Dragon. Apparently it was no easy feat.

Have a read -

http://orientalsweetlips.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/in-search-of-bruce-lees-last-filming-location/

fightlocation.jpg

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yep all in French, no english subtitles or english speaking... Maybe Fusubs can subtitle this??

Son Of A Gun

'Dubbed' in French?

Yikes, why wouldn't they include the original english language track too? Maybe to put off people from other countries buying it.

The only connection I can make to this coming out in France early is that John is Canadian. The language there is french. Anyone come up with any other ideas? 'lol

It is a 90 minutes runnung time. And I think it is complete version...4 location from BIG - WAY - FIST - ENTER...

Very great work. I love this dvd.

Not true! Action man Kowloon does not have the full and proper details as always. It is an unfinished early rough cut of this documentary which the French company did not get any approval from John to release it so early. I got my info directly from John Little. I have this double French release and it is all in French speaking language and without any English subs. The only English speaking part is when John talks briefly. Really annoying and a very bad cut with some obvious errors. The best thing is to wait until it gets a proper release with the final cut hopefully this summer.

'Dubbed' in French?

Yikes, why wouldn't they include the original english language track too? Maybe to put off people from other countries buying it.

The only connection I can make to this coming out in France early is that John is Canadian. The language there is french. Anyone come up with any other ideas? 'lol

You are right Son of a gun, plus it is a French release, not world wide.

Son Of A Gun
Not true! Action man Kowloon does not have the full and proper details as always. It is an unfinished early rough cut of this documentary which the French company did not get any approval from John to release it so early. I got my info directly from John Little. I have this double French release and it is all in French speaking language and without any English subs. The only English speaking part is when John talks briefly. Really annoying and a very bad cut with some obvious errors. The best thing is to wait until it gets a proper release with the final cut hopefully this summer.

Thanks for the more in depth info. I had heard it was a rough cut. So can't John now sue them for releasing this without permission?

Son Of A Gun

Marcos took some photos too. I like them because they're better quality than the videos.

factoria058.jpg

pakc.jpg

factoria095.jpg

pakchong01.jpg

The shrine is still there!

malo35.jpg

Shaolivevil

This is so damn cool. I promised myself before I die to go to Thailand to see Pak Chong because I loved The Big Boss so much. For years I have often wondered if any of those places in the movie were still around and it seems much of them still are. Seeing this has really made my day and has now given me an even more sense of urgency to get there. I've got to start saving...

Son Of A Gun
This is so damn cool. I promised myself before I die to go to Thailand to see Pak Chong because I loved The Big Boss so much. For years I have often wondered if any of those places in the movie were still around and it seems much of them still are. Seeing this has really made my day and has now given me an even more sense of urgency to get there. I've got to start saving...

'lol, You sound just like me. It's been my dream too but I think by the time I manage to get there, the places will be 10 times more unrecognisable. :sad:

Something funny. Notice how there used to be a slope in the grass going up to the edge of the pond of the Boss's house. But now there is no slope. Why remove the slope? :ooh:

Archived