Duel at Tiger Village (aka Iron Monkey Strikes Back aka Tough Guy aka The Spy Called Cold-Blood) (1978)

teako170

Certainly sounds better than "Cool Head" as he was dubbed in Xenon's Iron Monkey II (aka) Iron Monkey Strikes Back (aka) Tough Guy (aka) Duel At Tiger Village. I prefer the latter title of these four myself.

Anyhow, watched this one tonight. I always liked Pao Hsueh Lieh's work when he was at Shaws but his indies were hit & miss. This flick wasn't bad. Niiice final battle between CKT and Chan Sing. Judy Lee gets to show some of her stuff in this film too though the print is a bit jarring with multiple edit jumps/ missing frames. Some scratches and other irregularities solidify it as an "old-school-cool grainy-fu" print. Of course, having it in wide is always a plus.

The house-of-traps sequence was a bit on the quirky side and Judy always pushing CKT away got a bit old but a decent enough diversion for this evening. Any thoughts on this one? Dug up some Cinemart ads from 1977 >>>>

duel1.jpg

duel2.jpg

duel3.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

All three promos have different Chinese titles too. I guess they just couldn't make up their mind.

I believe the actual release title in English was Tough Guy (not to be confused with the 1972 Chen Hsing film of the same name).

All three promos have different Chinese titles too. I guess they just couldn't make up their mind.

There was a fourth promo with even another name.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Saw this on FB.

Is there another title or is the title correct for these screen shots?

12341201_876560315790293_695062697233037

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Hi, this movie by BAO Hsueh Li is also know "Duel at village tiger" (1978) .

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

Archived