Identify old film

BernSh

Hi

I love to get a title for a film I saw way back when.

It featured a smiling Shaolin Monk in training. His temple was hidden in a well. The key to this monk's training was using what I'll call "pointillism" (for lack of understanding its real name) and finding an open point on his opponents body as his teacher said no one can close all their points. During one training scene he learns to throw his energy and blow out candles at a distance.

The film climaxes with a fight between this smiling monk and a giant brute of a man who carried an enormous pot (must have weighted 2 tons judging by the size) from village to village demanding the villagers put all their valuables into the pot or he'd simply destroy them.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks, Bern

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's it!!! I just bought and watched it. I obviously confused some pieces of it.

Well done Delirious! This completes a long search. THANK YOU!!!

I read this review on this site (http://www.kungfucinema.com/abbot-of-shaolin-1979-1) and that pretty much covers it. I did look for and easily see the poorly applied sky blue wallpaper and even the shadow of the trees against it. Low budget for sure!

I have looked for this a few times over the last 20+ years and just this time found this site and the answer which I appreciate.

I found it not as I vaguely remembered it. I was interested in the details I got wrong and was interested to watch closely to get it all clearly this time so with that in the background I was not really bored while watching.

Would I recommend it. Nope. Will I watch it again? Not planning to. Was it worth the $10 amazon download/purchase. Absolutely for me.

The short answer to your question: yup. :laluot_28:

Archived