The Japanese Film Fraternity : ROLL CALL

Kwok Choi

We all know there has been 3 major disasters in succession in Japan and our heartfelt condolences go out to the entire Japanese nation and communities around the globe.However it will be good to know if many of the film fraternity both past and present survived this calamity.

Please help with information if you know whether people like:

Sonny Chiba

Ken Watanabe

Takeshi Kitano

Etsuko Shiomi

Takeshi Kaneshiro

Takeshi Miike

Hayao Miyazaki

Hiroyuki Sanada

Hideaki Ito

Kazunari Ninomiya

Nae

Aya Ueto

Yumiko Shaku

and many other young and new stars are well and OK.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Takashi Miike just had a screening of his movies shown in NYC.. There was a twitch article stating that he was o.k and even did a Q&A video call conference for the audience..

Takashi Miike just had a screening of his movies shown in NYC.. There was a twitch article stating that he was o.k and even did a Q&A video call conference for the audience..

Thanks a lot man this is very good news.Now Takeshi Miike can be struck off the list.Any help with the others and those not on the list will be highly appreciated.

I've found a list of celebrities who made it but have not had time to thoroughly check the names due to pressure at work so I'll post it then check later.The website mentions that if anyone is concerned about names not on the list they should let the website owners know so those people can be traced and also that the list will be updated when more information is available.Should this thread be moved to the Japanese movies section of is the General discussion section OK?

http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/03/in-progress-compilation-of-celebrities-who-have-confirmed-safety/

One Armed Boxer
Should this thread be moved to the Japanese movies section of is the General discussion section OK?

I think that should be a question for the moderators....oh, hold on....:tongue:

Personally I feel you`ll probably get more response in the Japanese forum.

I live in Tokyo and have yet to hear of any celebrity fatalaties from the disaster, which is probably a good sign.

Archived