What ever happened to Yasuaki Kurata's Jujutsu movie?

BlurayStation3

BlurayStation3

I remember seeing a few clips of Yasuaki Kurata's new Jujutsu movie on these boards months ago, but I haven't heard anything about it since. Was it ever released? It's not listed on IMDB either...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an unsubbed DVD release in Japan but nothing more outside of that. Shame too because it's one of the best martial arts films in recent memory.

Its the perfect candidate for a subbed bootleg, strange its not happened yet.

The thing is, the bootleggers (Panmedia or whatever they're called now) can never be bothered to sub anything on their own. Never mind the fact that a movie like this with Kurata and the whole jiu jitsu vs Karate storyline would sell well -- they rather just release something that's already been subtitled it another country or fansubbed online without spending any extra money out of their own pockets. As for the Japanese live-action fansub community online, a direct-to-video martial arts movie is not really on their radar -- they focus more on dramas and more mainstream stuff.

I don't doubt that an official distributor will eventually license this and give us an English friendly release, but it could take a couple years, so our best hope meanwhile is for someone like Haz, a fellow board member who has recently started subbing Japanese action movies, to take up the cause.

odioustrident

Stiller found subs from sources I had no idea about, like for the early Tom Yum Goong release and Legend of Bruce Lee, so I just assume they can get subs for any title that generates online interest.

Jujitsu is one of those titles I thought would get subbed by someone "outside" the kf community here and at some other forums.... shame thats prob not the case.

Haz, if you are reading this.... Jujitsu could sell better than any Shiomi title if you mention it in a few different boards! Not that such a thing is necessarily important to you... just saying.

99% of Stiller's subs are stolen from fansubbers who upload their projects to ADC. Never heard of him or Red Sun custom subbing anything.

odioustrident
99% of Stiller's subs are stolen from fansubbers who upload their projects to ADC. Never heard of him or Red Sun custom subbing anything.

Is Stiller still in operation?

Archived