Chuck Norris Pre-Way Of The Dragon

kungfusamurai

kungfusamurai

I happened to be watching an episode of the old show Room 222, which was a TV series from the late 60s to early 70s that centered around the teachers and students at the fictional Walt Whitman high in LA.

In the episode, there's a kid who has self esteem problems, so one of the teachers suggests he take up Karate (they pronounce it 'karatay'). And guess who turns out to be his instructor - Chuck Norris. He plays himself. He does a few demos like board breaking, and they also have him teaching the class and doing some one on one instructions with the kid. They even gave him some speaking parts, but nothing I would call 'acting', probably just stuff he'd say as a sensei to a new student.

The episode was from the second season, so it was from 1970. I thought it was pretty cool seeing Chuck in something before his movie career really started.

KFS

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WuxiaFan
I happened to be watching an episode of the old show Room 222, which was a TV series from the late 60s to early 70s that centered around the teachers and students at the fictional Walt Whitman high in LA.

In the episode, there's a kid who has self esteem problems, so one of the teachers suggests he take up Karate (they pronounce it 'karatay'). And guess who turns out to be his instructor - Chuck Norris. He plays himself. He does a few demos like board breaking, and they also have him teaching the class and doing some one on one instructions with the kid. They even gave him some speaking parts, but nothing I would call 'acting', probably just stuff he'd say as a sensei to a new student.

The episode was from the second season, so it was from 1970. I thought it was pretty cool seeing Chuck in something before his movie career really started.

KFS

Very cool KFS. You ought to see if there's a clip of Chuck Norris from that show on youtube somewhere. :smile:

Chinatown Kid

Did you guys recognize the kid? He is the same guy that later played Norris's adopted son in A Force Of One.

Archived