HKL/Contender dvds the same between region 2 and 4?

thelastweaponmaster

thelastweaponmaster

Hi everyone. Not sure this is in the right forum but I am interested in getting some Hong Kong Legends/Contender dvds (particularly the Ultra Bit Jackie Chan dvd releases). The region 2 versions are fairly rare or expensive now but I do know that they were released in region 4 (Australia) and are considerably less expensive to obtain.

My question is does anyone know if the dvd releases are exactly the same between R2 and R4 in terms of content and quality, or are there differences in the releases between the 2 regions? I do have an OPPO multi-region dvd player so different regions or NTSC/pal format is not an issue.

Thanks for any help or clarification that anyone can provide.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Son Of A Gun

Well if it helps, I bought the region 4 version of 'Knockabout' because it was way cheaper and I can't see any reason why it would be different to the region 2 release.

The only difference that would possibly be different between region 2 and 4 discs might be 'censorship' cuts in the movie. But I very much doubt there are different cuts made for HKL releases.

So to sum it up. 99.9% sure both versions are identical. :)

Son Of A Gun
region 4 discs will play on region 2 players also.

Not for me. Region 4 is region 4. It wont play on my region 2 player. How'd you work that one out? 'lol

kingofkungfu2002
Not for me. Region 4 is region 4. It wont play on my region 2 player. How'd you work that one out? 'lol

A lot of Region 4 dvds are also encoded for Region 2.

Archived