Sakaguchi plays DEAD BALL

AlbertV

deadball-visual-damage.jpg

Tak Sakaguchi, the man who starred in VERSUS and has a recent film titled YAKUZA WEAPON, has a new zombie-martial art-baseball flick called DEAD BALL. Here's the plot:

"When he was a child, baseball prodigy Jubei Yakyu (Tak Sakaguchi) accidentally caused the death of his father with a super-powered, deadly fireball pitch. Having sworn off the game for life because of the incident, Jubei is now 17 and the most cold-blooded juvenile delinquent in Japan. Sent to a reformatory for a killing spree, Jubei learns that his estranged brother had died there earlier from a mysterious illness. In order to fulfill his brother's last wishes, Jubei reluctantly joins the prison baseball team when they take on the Black Dahlias, a sexy squad of killer high school girls who are determined to slaughter every last man on Jubei's team! But the prison officials have plans of their own for Jubei, including an alliance with a squadron of uniformed Nazi officers! Suddenly, Jubei finds himself not only fighting to win the game, but also to save his own life!"

Yes...we have baseball-playing Nazi zombies!!!! Check out the trailer at Twitch

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a huge fan of Sushi Typhoon so far, but man, Chiba needs put Yamaguchi on a leash. This is the second CGI fest in a row, now. I'm still hoping Yakuza Weapon will turn out less CGI-heavy than the trailer, but Deadball... I'n not sure this can be more than moderately fun with that amount of computer crap in the trailer alone...

:tinysmile_angry2_t:

I hope I'm wrong.

Oh well, I'll be checking out Cold Fish in a few weeks, and I will then try to hunt down tickets to Karate-Robo Zaborgar and Helldriver next month.

oh, and Albert, glad to see you starting new topics for interesting JP films. Thumbs up :yociexpress01:

Archived