The Viral Factor (2012)

AlbertV

BAhbB1sHOgZmIiwyMDExLzAzLzIwLzA4LzAzLzM0LzU2NC9WaXJhbEZhY3Rvci5qcGdbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWIiDTUwMHgxMDAw.jpg?s=695a3e59

Dante Lam, director of SNIPER and THE BEAST STALKER, is currently in pre-production on a new thriller titled THE VIRAL FACTOR. The film revolves around a former security agent who holds a super virus and threatens to spread it all over the world and two brothers who must stop the rogue agent. Already signed on to star in the film are Jay Chou, Nicholas Tse, and Andy On.

Source: FilmBiz Asia

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plot has been revealed from Twitch:

"THE VIRAL FACTOR casts Taiwanese pop superstar Jay Chou, most recently seen on our screens as the very best part of Michel Gondry's otherwise patchy THE GREEN HORNET, as the leader of an elite counter terrorism unit that travels from Hong Kong to the Middle East to trace the source of a deadly virus. The plot thickens when Chou's team is double-crossed by one of their own and his mission turns personal as he sets out for revenge.

Nic Tse, who just bagged a Best Actor award at last month's Hong Kong Film Awards for his last collaboration with Lam, THE STOOL PIGEON, here plays the lead villain in a cast that includes Andy On, Carl Ng and relative newcomer Bai Bing, among others. The film has been shooting in Jordan and moves to Malaysia next month before returning to Hong Kong in what is surely the director's most ambitious project to-date. We should hopefully see the film hit screens before the end of the year. Get ready to be happy."

thelostdragon

I was approached to audition for a role in this movie. I was supposed to play a Jordanian doctor. I even shot the two scenes I was given to read, because I didn't want to stand in front of a white wall and just read it with the text in my hands. I actually shot the two scenes, with extras and on-location.

They loved the audition videos, but I wasn't cast in the end. Hey, I don't blame Dante Lam. I'm a director and not an actor after all. I just happen to be a Jordanian filmmaker (based in Germany), lol.

Andy On in THE VIRAL FACTOR

BAhbB1sHOgZmIjEyMDExLzA3LzI1LzA2LzQ2LzQ2LzMxNy90aGVfdmlyYWxfZmFjdG9yLmpwZ1sIOgZwOgp0aHVtYiINNTAweDEwMDA.jpg?s=ab91f7be

The film has been confirmed for a Chinese New Year 2012 release date.

Archived