watched A Fistful of Dynamite

Guest jirpy100

Guest jirpy100

I got the new R2 SE. Wow! Awesome film. It's in typical Leone style: seemingly slow, lots of unimportant scenes. But it's actually very good, and well worth the 2h30m investment.

It's an adventure-western taking place during the Mexican Revolution starring Rod Steiger and James Coburn. The story gets very interesting as they get more involved in the revolution itself, and Coburn keeps having flashbacks of Ireland. It turns out to be rather touching at times.

Leone definitely had a unique directing style. The acting and mood and so forth never seems that great, it always looks so simple, but hell, does it work!

The opening scene is very good and shows what Leone was capable of. As the high-class American & European passengers bad-mouth a Mexican "peasant", the camera has a close-ups just showing everyone's open mouths as they chew and so forth, revealing how disgusting and dirty they really are, just like the words that come out of their mouths, while the dirty Mexican just sits and listens to them putting him down.....

Great film, great DVD!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't you think that scarface(pacino)was almost exactly like steiger speech patern...men when i was watching fistfull of dynamite i though al pacino must have studied steiger voice acting!

this is a really great movie

I do like it but it's rather weak. The music, esp. the opening and where Colburn wakes up in the carriage with the family is fantastic. I can't find the bloody soundtrack.

It loses it's way once it goes into town.(the bank, revolution, etc.) The weakest of his westerns but should be had a any Leone collector/completist.

I was lucky enough to get the longer WS LD on tape many a year ago. Thank the heavens.

Guest THESHAWMAN

This is another of my fav speghetti westerns,love the theme music! good film, the region 2 edition is a great dvd, but unfortunately has been cut by bbfc! why i ask? some of the horse falls have been cut,which is a shame,but there is a region 3 i think which has both versions, including the original longer italian one:) as i purchased both editions

Guest olskooljunglist

i watched this the other night and thought it was ok..but the version i watched was only 100mins version!

is the 2hr 20mins version make it better?

Archived