Rescue Me - must see tv

blue_skies

I just did a quick search of this forum and couldn't find a thread for the US TV series Rescue Me starring Denis Leary. Has anybody seen it?

If you haven't I would definitely recommend seeing it at your earliest opportunity. It's a terrific, dark drama that is liberally peppered with side-splitting humour. The story is set around a New York Fire House post 9/11 where the firefighters are coming to terms with losing their fallen comrades. It's politically incorrect and it's so god damn funny in-between leading man Denis Leary's characters insane alcoholic life juggling family, girl friends & firefighting...oh and lots of drinking with Tommy Gavin (Denis Leary) being an alcoholic.

I think series six is currently on US TV but I've only seen up to series five.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyWayne84
I just did a quick search of this forum and couldn't find a thread for the US TV series Rescue Me starring Denis Leary. Has anybody seen it?

If you haven't I would definitely recommend seeing it at your earliest opportunity. It's a terrific, dark drama that is liberally peppered with side-splitting humour. The story is set around a New York Fire House post 9/11 where the firefighters are coming to terms with losing their fallen comrades. It's politically incorrect and it's so god damn funny in-between leading man Denis Leary's characters insane alcoholic life juggling family, girl friends & firefighting...oh and lots of drinking with Tommy Gavin (Denis Leary) being an alcoholic.

I think series six is currently on US TV but I've only seen up to series five.

Yes i have. I agree at first i wasn't into it till Five episodes later i got hooked into it only because i'm a fan of Denis Leary too. Ashame Season 7 will be the last season i enjoyed the writing, the character's, and everything on the show.

Yes i have. I agree at first i wasn't into it till Five episodes later i got hooked into it only because i'm a fan of Denis Leary too. Ashame Season 7 will be the last season i enjoyed the writing, the character's, and everything on the show.

All things considered seven seasons is a very good run even with the first four seasons running at 13 episodes each year. As good as Rescue Me is it better to go out while on top, so in a way I'm kind of pleased. At least they can write towards a finish and go out in style.

Andy, have you seen "the job" from Denis Leary and Co? If you haven't you really should. It's like a pre-cursor to Rescue Me but it's set in the police department, quite a few of the actors from "the job" later returned for Rescue Me. It's much more of a comedy with shorter episodes but still very good.

AndyWayne84
All things considered seven seasons is a very good run even with the first four seasons running at 13 episodes each year. As good as Rescue Me is it better to go out while on top, so in a way I'm kind of pleased. At least they can write towards a finish and go out in style.

Andy, have you seen "the job" from Denis Leary and Co? If you haven't you really should. It's like a pre-cursor to Rescue Me but his set in the police department, quite a few of the actors from "the job" later returned for Rescue Me. It's much more of a comedy with shorter episodes but still very good.

Oh i have before it got canceled. I was upset that a funny show like the job got canceled due to low ratingd as i remembered was the reason why it was taken off the air, it was until i watched ity the first four times knowing a few people from the job landed roles in Rescue me pure epicness. " Rescue me had a good run and unlike most show's who end up falling out of the ratings Rescue me is still going strong in the rating's and i look foward to the new season where the character's end up"

Rescue Me is a great series, I watched all of season 4 and started to watch season 5 but I don't know what happened with my TVIO so I kinda got lost in the show, I also have been watching so many other shows that I kinda put Rescue Me on the back burner. But I plan on getting season 5,6 on DVD.

Archived