Jean Claude Van Damme - behind closed doors (TV show)

blue_skies

Just watched the 7th - and final? - ep and wow, JCVD really needs a rest! :tongue:

Fair play to him, this has been a pretty much unprecedented look into the life of a "film legend" and I take my hat off to him - he's sometimes loveable, sometimes laughable (aren't we all?) but always frank, honest and entertaining.

BTW, I noted the official DVD release in a couple of weeks has a "12" certificate - cut for language, I guess?

Also, interestingly, Amazon and several other sites have THE EAGLE PATH down for a UK DVD release date of 20th June. No idea if that's the concrete date but fingers crossed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

They didn't say anything before or after the show about it being the last.

Seven eps isn't much.

I was hoping to see more of the build up to the fight and more about his upcoming releases.

Show would seem incomplete if it stopped at this odd juncture.

Just found a write-up for episode 8:

"The actor is invited to present an award live on Belgian TV, but mishears something on stage, leading to embarrassment. The pressure is also on for his daughter Bianca as she auditions for a part in a martial-arts film, and son Kris secretly invites a Hollywood star to a family meal to surprise his father".

This is floating around the net, as of yesterday - no idea if true or not:

"Sheldon Lettich just confirmed that Van Damme will be playing a villain in The Expendables 2.

The Kamsing match has been postponed till 2012 or it may never happen."

Tigerstyles

I hear things too

possible fight for next year in UK with a 4 x British World Champion

Early days yet

QueMuchita

Bolo was trying to imply the trick from Bloodsport, he wasnt trying to play rock paper scissors but it went right over van dammes head

I think Bolo was just glad of the free meal. :tongue:

Even JCVD had the good grace to look slightly embarrassed when Bolo compared him to Bruce Lee.

Son Of A Gun
Bolo was trying to imply the trick from Bloodsport, he wasnt trying to play rock paper scissors but it went right over van dammes head

It went right over my head too then. :squigglemouth: What happens in Bloodsport?

blue_skies
Well if you saw the latest episodes you'll see Van Damme is very passionate and hellbennt at winning this fight. He seems like he is obsessed with winning this fight, he says it will kill his old scars and demons. I think it will happen, outcome may not be that impressive but it takes much courage to do what he is doing at that age. His daughter is going to be in the new Weopon movie, and couple of his other new movies as well. If Van Damme is bullshitting I will be dissapointed, but as long as he will try he has spirit.

I had seen the latest episodes up to that point and I'm right up-to-date now. I honestly believe Van Damme is just talking the talk. I mean how often did he talk about actually starting training? All the time and it was only by the end he has done some. No I absolutely doubt the sincerity of Van Damme. In my opinion he's just trying to save face however should he actually get into in the ring I will be shocked, surprised and impressed. Having said that I will be highly suspicious that the match is for real.

This is floating around the net, as of yesterday - no idea if true or not:

"Sheldon Lettich just confirmed that Van Damme will be playing a villain in The Expendables 2.

The Kamsing match has been postponed till 2012 or it may never happen."

Once he's done the Expendables sequel you can bet there will be some other reason to postpone. It's already been two years he sure as hell not going to put the training in now and risk his career. Simply put Van Damme is a pampered Hollywood action star nothing more nothing less.

kingofkungfu2002, thanks again for all the uploads.

Finally watched every episode. Loved it. It seemed as "real" as a reality TV can be. =D

BTW, has anyone heard anything of the series continuing?

Looks like EAGLE PATH is finally coming to dvd in the UK. No word on an R1 release though. I guess they did some re-editing... too bad, I would have loved to see Van Damme's original edit.

Tigerstyles
kingofkungfu2002, thanks again for all the uploads.

Finally watched every episode. Loved it. It seemed as "real" as a reality TV can be. =D

BTW, has anyone heard anything of the series continuing?

Looks like EAGLE PATH is finally coming to dvd in the UK. No word on an R1 release though. I guess they did some re-editing... too bad, I would have loved to see Van Damme's original edit.

I saw the original edit and it WAS bad I kept looking at JC at various scenes in the film to see if he had his hands over his eyes watching it his self!

What was so bad about it? (without giving anything away). How were the fights? Van Damme's worst?

And, could the film be saved with some proper editing? The one you watched, was it the cut after the events of "Behind Closed Doors"?

AndyWayne84

It's become my new favorite show indeed. I hope it come's back for another season it's truly really good stuff watching JCVD and his family, despite JCVD has his moments when he get's upset having his tearful moments like the Bloodsport remake issue. Ovrall i'm upset that it hasn't been released in the US this is better than that Crappy Jersey Shore that's for dam shore JCVD should kick there asses so hard that the next Jersey Shore wannabe's is gonna feel it, now who wants to go home and who wants to go with me! " Sorry got carried away but anyway if your a fan of JCVD check it out."

That fight is clearly a joke. Even knowing the fight was coming he wasn't getting himself in shape. His years of smoking and partying still not behind him, Van Damme looks in very bad shape especially when lightly jogging with the dogs on the beach. I don't know what the timescale from what we saw in the current episode to the actual fight but he has an awful lot of catching up , with the Thai fighter probably already in shape before preparations for this fight. I wonder if it's actually for real & the Thai fighter is just being paid to make Van Damme look good?

Those are great points. Van Damme seems to be in pathetic health. He is full of steroids which help him get muscle but I think he would last about 30 seconds in a real fight before he would gas and probably have a heart attack.

kingofkungfu2002
Van Damme's daughter is like.... a ten.

Thought it was worth resurrecting this thread just to post this (Van Damme's daughter at the recent MTV Movie Awards) :tongue:

enhanced-buzz-30681-1338842997-5.jpg

Archived