Jean Claude Van Damme - behind closed doors (TV show)

blue_skies

I just noticed that this is coming to ITV4 this Wednesday at 10 o'clock for anyone interested in the UK. I guess this has been shown in the States. Is it worth a watch?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingofkungfu2002
I just noticed that this is coming to ITV4 this Wednesday at 10 o'clock for anyone interested in the UK. I guess this has been shown in the States. Is it worth a watch?

It actually starts on Tuesday March 22nd at 9pm (repeated on Wednesday) :smile:

I don't think it has been shown in the states, as it's an ITV production. The whole series is available on DVD on May 16th :bigsmile:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jean-Claude-Van-Damme-Behind-Closed/dp/B004I8WHFG

Man... UK always gets the good shit.

I guess this is UK's revenge for not having seen BRUCE LEE use nunchucks until last week. =D

Interesting. Don't know anything about this Somrak Khamsing guy... but that would be cool if Van Damme succeeded.

Thanks for the info.

Son Of A Gun
Man... UK always gets the good shit.

I guess this is UK's revenge for not having seen BRUCE LEE use nunchucks until last week. =D

Exactly.

--

sifu iron perm

the 1st episode just focussed on his family life & his filming stuff.

It was pretty average..van damme looks rusty and cant see him stepping into the ring facing homeboy from thailand.If he does, he will end up like Eric Sloane.

Son Of A Gun

Gonna watch the repeat tonight. I only caught the last 4 minutes of it last night. He said he likes to put on powerful classical music when driving to the beach with his son, but boy did he choose a depressing track. Talk about bring yourself down! 'lol

I like that piece of music personally but it doesn't make good driving music. It makes you think a car crash is on the horizon.

I really enjoyed this - JCVD seems to have mellowed on the ego front, and is becoming quite the eccentric character.

I'll make sure I tune in to the other episodes.

And, from the tiny snippets they showed, WEAPON looks like it could be a decent flick.

This first showing just showed Van Damme chillin and some of his family life. I think they are not fighting the ancient way because well it could kill Van Damme at such an older age than Kamsing. I was suprised how Van Damme lost it and started crying over Eagle Path saying he failed on it he does say he vows to fix the problems and still try and release it.

Oh God yes that was really weird. He starts talking about Eagle Path and saving the environment then starts blubbing like a little girl. My first thought is he's trying to show he can act nowadays? He couldn't really be crying because environmental issues and not being able to save it himself, could he?

And, from the tiny snippets they showed, WEAPON looks like it could be a decent flick.

what surprised me is he looked like he was struggling with simple choreography. His best mate seemed like he had a better grasp on it than JCVD.

he was losing my interest in the beginning but i hung in there and warmed to him by the end.

does he really believe a film could solve the worlds problems, i agree this was a shot at showing the audience he has depth.

couldnt see why a simple move got him so flustered tho

ShaOW!linDude

I don't know if this will get aired in the US but if it should......I don't think I'll watch. I don't know that I could handle reality JCVD. :tongue:

And.....I think I've lost faith in him as a screen fighter. I'm wanting to see both Eagle Path and Weapon though to see how he fares.

Son Of A Gun
Oh God yes that was really weird. He starts talking about Eagle Path and saving the environment then starts blubbing like a little girl. My first thought is he's trying to show he can act nowadays? He couldn't really be crying because environmental issues and not being able to save it himself, could he?

That scene was a little uncomfortable to watch but it could be more than just the movie and the enviromental issues he was crying about. He's been to hell and back with an addiction to cocaine and I know what that feels like, although probably not as bad as he went through. He's obviously been to a very dark place in the last 10 years and it's made him more depressed and emotional than he used to be.

Plus he does seem to be a guy that isn't afraid to show his feelings towards anyone on any subject, so maybe crying like that isn't unusual to people that know him.

:D

Guest Markgway
Yeah Van Damme seems to be comfortable enough to cry and show his feelings.

He's clearly an emotional (and eccentric) character. The demons inside are obvious and everytime you see him enjoy himself the next scene he's always down again... relfecting on his failings. Complicated guy I think.

His daughter is hot

She is. I wonder if Jean-Claude is looking for a Scottish son-in-law. :tongue:

I imagined his wife would be more pretty, but this is Van Dammage!

She looks attractive to me. I mean, she's 53, not 23, so be fair. I still would.

That fight is clearly a joke. Even knowing the fight was coming he wasn't getting himself in shape. His years of smoking and partying still not behind him, Van Damme looks in very bad shape especially when lightly jogging with the dogs on the beach. I don't know what the timescale from what we saw in the current episode to the actual fight but he has an awful lot of catching up , with the Thai fighter probably already in shape before preparations for this fight. I wonder if it's actually for real & the Thai fighter is just being paid to make Van Damme look good?

Having seen all 3 episodes to date, it's clear that Van Damme is in dire need of some serious rest.

The clip of him laying on the floor with some of his rescue dogs, and weeping, was very telling.

I sincerely hope he wins his upcoming fight becasue the blow to his self-esteem will be devastating.

Archived