New UK Bruce Lee Releases!

johnoverall

I think that print that was shown in London is stuck in a vault somewhere probably Hong Kong. Its only if someone can find it or be bothered, a bit like when Bey Logan found the Game footage buried somewhere in a warehouse in HK.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
Bey Logan found the Game of Death footage in London? WTF? :ooh: Where'd you hear that? I thought he was searching through the Star TV vaults in HK and found it.

That's not what he said. :neutral:

Is everyone forgetting? In a thread somewhere David Rees told everyone that Steve Kerridge did not own the uncut Big Boss. It was just a rumour that started and he went along with it for a laugh.

I don't get why two respected people in the Bruce Lee fan commuitny such as Steve Kerridge and David Tadman would do that and say that Steve owns the print when he doesn't?

They never said it, or Steve didnt anyhow, someone else must have.

I beg to differ. Many years ago, somebody (might have been DM, can't remember) contacted SK and tricked him into revealing he had the uncut Big Boss by pretending to be a collector with rare photos. Some time later David Tadman also confirmed SK had the film on several occasions on various forums. When the HKL Big Boss Platinum Edition DVD was announced, David said he was helping to "bridge the gap" between collector and HKL and hoped the missing footage would be included. Unfortunately, Brian White and Bey then left HKL and the BBLA were brought it in to help with the extras, which effectively ended David and Steve's involvement.

Yes, the first release dates have just been announced. On July 4th they'll be releasing: Fist of Fury, Prodigal Son, Ong Bak and Warrior King. Still not sure if it's DVD or Blu-ray though.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah I think I'll pass on these, I've already have like 3 copies of the same movies for no reason...

Guest Markgway
Fist of Fury, Prodigal Son

All over those two if they're Blu Ray.

Mind you the DVDs I have could be improved so we'll see....

Son Of A Gun

I had a Prodigal Son custom dvd planned where I was gonna colour correct each scene, shot by shot (as the colours change so often). Let's see what cine-asia come up with. Bet the colours wont be sorted but they might use the Fortune Star print this time.

Hasimir Fenring
Yes, the first release dates have just been announced. On July 4th they'll be releasing: Fist of Fury, Prodigal Son, Ong Bak and Warrior King. Still not sure if it's DVD or Blu-ray though.

Whilst I have all of them, I may be tempted to double-dip (or triple-dip in Fist of Fury's case...) if they have new extras. Tom Yum Goong would need a Bey Logan and Mike Leeder commentary, as there wasn't one on the Premier Asia disc, if I remember rightly. I think Bey had moved on to Dragon Dynasty by then. If no commentary, I'd probably stick with the version I already own.

A bit pointless if its dvd only as most of the old releases can be bought for £5.00 or less at most online retailers.

Archived