New UK Bruce Lee Releases!

johnoverall

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt if it has anything new, just a repackaged re-release. The audio commentaries are fine apart from the one on Big Boss (2 Disc) with Andrew Staton which i cant listen too.:crossedlips:

If they do release Blu ray discs of there classic titles i hope they get new masters and not just port over the HK Blu ray releases which are very poor picture wise and have crap 7.1 remixed sound with added sound fx.

johnoverall

As the re-release deal has just been announced, the official line is this:

"... further details regarding the ‘Cine Asia presents HKL’ titles will be announced at a later date."

I am optimistic Blu-ray will happen, so let's keep an open mind, whether they're straight ports of the old stuff or not.

I'll probably be told where to get off but I've asked if the fans can have some input into these releases.

Guest Markgway

Great news. Most of the HKL catalogue are OOP so this may afford us the chance to catch up on what we missed (and hopefully see a few improvements along the way).

I see lots of opportunities here like Blurays, redoing subs, including and improving/correcting audio choices etc. If all HKL titles will be re-treated then that's also great.

"all fans can write to CINEASIA....WE WANT BRUCE ON BLU RAY !!!"

That should read..WE WANT BRUCE ON BLU RAY BUT DONE CORRECTLY!!:

:angel:

Kowloon , i wasnt critisizing your English!.:xd:.

Just saying that the Bruce Lee Blu rays released elsewhere in HK and Japan have poor picture and awful sound so hopefully if HK Legends do release them, these mistakes will be fixed and done correctly.

johnoverall

How about everyone compiling their likes and dislikes of the HKL BL releases and I'll shoot a list on over to Cine Asia for their creative consideration?

Guest Markgway
How about everyone compiling their likes and dislikes of the HKL BL releases and I'll shoot a list on over to Cine Asia for their creative consideration?

Uncut versions (shouldn't be an issue)

Subtitles (not dubtitles)

Original Mandarin Mono (and English dubs for those who prefer)

Progressive HD master (genuine 1080p if BD)

Dislikes:

Pinkification (see Fist of Fury)

Remixes (A 40 year old movie does not need 7.1 DTS, thank you)

Downmixes (we know how mono should sound and aren't fooled - don't think this affected any of the Bruce Lee films mind)

That's it for now...... :tongue:

HKL did use a downmix for their last BIG BOSS DVD :) calling it "Original Mono". forget these Releases, they'll be as botched as every other before was.

This is great news! I really hope they arent going to be DVD only re releases as id love to see some of HKL back catalogue on Blu Ray!

Great news for people who miss out the chance to pick up the HKL titles. Bad news for people who did pick up the titles and the potential for double dipping is imminent if Cineasia do a good job like Blu ray titles etc....

Guest Markgway
HKL did use a downmix for their last BIG BOSS DVD :) calling it "Original Mono". forget these Releases, they'll be as botched as every other before was.

Ah, I never bought the Platinum releases... I just didn't remember hearing anything about downmixes. I only remember TBB being Cantonese, which is why I never paid it much attention.

Maybe Cine Asia should employ you to check for flaws before mastering their discs.

Son Of A Gun

Correction. The HKL Platinum Big Boss has - 2.0 cantonese mono/ 2.0 english mono/ 2.0 stereo cantonese (downmix of a 5.1 mix) It doesn't claim it's mono though. It's just stereo instead of 5.1 for some reason.

Killer Meteor
Correction. The HKL Platinum Big Boss has - 2.0 cantonese mono/ 2.0 english mono/ 2.0 stereo cantonese (downmix of a 5.1 mix) It doesn't claim it's mono though. It's just stereo instead of 5.1 for some reason.

I can confirm that the Cantonese mono track on HKL's PE disc of Big Boss is proper mono.

muppetdanny

:yociexp83: <- That's all I can say :bigsmile:

From thedigitalfix:

We asked a Cine Asia representative whether these re-releases were just like they sound (straight re-releases, the old HKL discs in new packaging) or if we can expect new restorations/transfers, new extras, and hopefully even Blu-ray versions of the classic films mentioned. The response was that they can’t answer right now as they have only just announced the deal but further details regarding the ‘Cine Asia presents HKL’ titles will be announced at a later date.

source: http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/content/id/73709/cine-asia-presents-hong-kong-legends.html

I do so hope Cine Asia will re-release titles with improvements and creat new ones.

Archived