Iron King is Japanese for Awesome

Michael L.

Finally picked up the Mill Creek boxset for a whopping $5.50 (postage included). Money well spent... finally, a show that makes more sense when I am drinking heavily. A Japanese cowboy, a Japanese girl dressed like an Indian princess in that Star Trek where Kirk loses his memory on the planet of fake Indians and a Japanese dude dressed like my freshman social studies teacher on a field trip fight a angry clan of super-magic scientists?

This is why TV was invented!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I'm not that much of a tokusatsu fan. That being said, I enjoyed the first half of the series. Chieko Morikawa is lovely, and pinky violence regular Shinzo Hotta plays the villain. Got really repetitive towards the end, though.

LOVE Iron King! Maybe one of my Top 10 Tokusatsu shows... then again, 90% of all Jp. Live action superhero shows made in the 70s are among my favorites.

Too bad the company went under before they had the chance to subtitle more. From what I heard, Silver Kamen was up next.

My 4 year old kid is in love with this show. I thought it was bad enough he was into Ultraman. Not many other kids will even know what Ultraman is let alone Iron King. At least there's power rangers.

odioustrident

Is it loosely implied that he's bedding certain female characters on this show? I remember being shocked by this at the time. The main character also slaps a woman at least once or twice. Those kids in Japan grow up fast apparently.

Archived