Jak La Len (Jeeja Yanin)

Drunken Monk

Drunken Monk

This looks like more an all out comedy but Jeeja Yanin seems to have a few little bits of action here and there. Plus, she looks as cute as a button!

L91cnxVYU_s&

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

What's the English title for that? Bangkok Looney Tunes?:tongue: (Loving those sound f/x!)

Looks like it might be kind of funny with some decent action/MA tossed in.

Nice find, DM.

What is the English title, and when does it come out it? It looks like it might be out already overseas... It definitely a comedy thats for sure.

looks watchable, i just wish it had Less comedy, and like, less ppl in weird get ups and outfits, but i do like yanins scenes i will watch it because of her lol :nerd:

make believe

This looks awful and awful at the same time. I may watch it one day but I have yet to see Raging Phoenix, as that too looks pretty bad. I have a feeling we won't see her in anything as good as Chocolate again.

This looks awful and awful at the same time. I may watch it one day but I have yet to see Raging Phoenix, as that too looks pretty bad. I have a feeling we won't see her in anything as good as Chocolate again.

Jakkalen is focus on comedy , you may know that Mum Jokmok is a director of this movie ( same as the bodyguard 1-2).Moreover, the main target of this movie is Thai.

There is another movie of Jija which named "the kick" which will be launch in Thailand and Korea in May. And Prachya Pinkeaw is a director. There is also Tae kwan doe champion from Korea "Kim Kyung Suk " play with Jija in this movie.

I think action fan should focus on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79Xy24VW5c&feature=related

It's chock full of Thai humour that only they would find funny, ladyboys with guns and fat guys in silly costumes.

But, for anyone that's interested: I uploaded all the fight scenes to my YouTube channel.

there are some interesting fight sequences in Raging Phoenix but its pretty garbage as a whole

kinda follows Tony Jaa's effort of Tom Yum Goong, even to the point that they both did a great film where the world went WOW look at that guy/girl, then they follow up with things that make you go mmm?

haven't watched 'The Kick' yet but do have it sitting around. Looks kinda tv production so I dont hold high hopes...that said, Karate Girl was poorly produced & still had me quite entertained

Kick is ok. some nice fights. just keep in mind it is a "family film".

its very tame for Prachya Pinkaew ....

One Armed Boxer
Cool beans! May isn't too far off. Will have to remember that.

Has The Kick gotten a US release? (Ah, I see that's coming April 2nd.

Hey ShaOW!linDude....I don't want to jump the gun here, but based on your personal tastes from your mini-reviews, 'This Girl is Bad-Ass!' probably isn't going to hold a lot of entertainment value, unless you enjoy cross dressing comedy and lots of gurning, if you buy it I'd definitely recommend holding onto the receipt!

Regarding 'The Kick', you can check out my own thoughts on it here - http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/action-month-review-kick-2011.html

ShaOW!linDude
Hey ShaOW!linDude....I don't want to jump the gun here, but based on your personal tastes from your mini-reviews, 'This Girl is Bad-Ass!' probably isn't going to hold a lot of entertainment value, unless you enjoy cross dressing comedy and lots of gurning, if you buy it I'd definitely recommend holding onto the receipt!

I knew it was supposed to be more comedy-driven. (Not big on the cross-dressing and I don't know what gurning is but doesn't sound very appetizing.) Maybe I need to check out the trailer again but I thought I remembered it have some neat bits of choreography.

Regarding 'The Kick', you can check out my own thoughts on it here - http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/action-month-review-kick-2011.html

I did read that at the time. I'm still interested in seeing this though. I remember seeing some interesting bits in the trailers. But I do appreciate the fair warning. You know my MA expectations and preferences well.:tongue:

I watched this last night and was really disappointed. I've seen some good Thai comedies and this did not compare well in that regard. In terms of the action, it all looked rehashed to me - there was nothing that really stood out and Jeeja's scenes were at best somewhat entertaining. The stunt work was sloppy (you could see harnesses and such) and uninspired. If you're looking for something on par with Chocolate or Raging Phoenix you'd best avoid.

ShaOW!linDude

Wow. Duly noted. Looks like I'll be passing on this one. Thank you, sir.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

THIS GIRL IS BADASS was really poor. I knew that it was mostly a comedy and that it was meant to appeal to local audiences, but still... PU! First of all, Jeeja plays such a mean-spirited, selfish, thoughtless character, that I couldn't even root for her. She is a bike messenger, and she skims drugs from the packages that dealers give her to deliver. Okay, but then you'd figure that she uses the money from this stuff to help orphans or something, right? Nope. She just wanted the money. But doesn't this put her adopted Dad and the bike messenger boss and co-workers in danger? Yup. But it's okay, because she doesn't care about any of them. The action scenes were very slow and almost looked like filmed rehearsals to me. Lacking power, speed, and any originality, they were just looking very stale in general. There were a few moments here and there- part of the slow-motion fight in the rain was okay, and there were a couple of bits during the end ruckus that were cool. But for the most part... very disappointing. :squigglemouth: And I go easy on Thai cinema too. Despite their flaws, I really enjoyed RAGING PHOENIX and THE KICK. But THIS GIRL IS BADASS? I recommend avoiding it completely unless you are an absolute JeeJa fanatic.

ShaOW!linDude
I recommend avoiding it completely unless you are an absolute JeeJa fanatic.

Aaaaaaand I'm not, so done.

Archived