Bruce Lee Newspaper Clippings: Needles, MJ and blows to the head!

mpm74

My man, all of that must make you a very well rounded person. I wonder why all this knowledge doesn't translate over to your posts on this forum? Strange!

If you're approaching fifty then half the bullshit you're coming out with is even more worrying. That last paragraph is precisely why we will no longer be engaging in conversation. You're getting too wound up and your line of questioning suggests that you may be ready to pop your clogs.

PS - How many times did you avoid answering one question? What constitutes proof? Fifth chance?

:angel:

Wow. Sdog, your responses have been reduced to labeling my comments "stupid", "ridiculous", & "shit" as opposed to specific, reason driven replies, & you're suggesting I'm, what, immature? Wow.

As for what constitutes proof, that would, of course, depend on what one is trying to prove. For example, if you're trying to prove Bruce Lee died as a result of ingesting cannabis, proof might reasonably require a positive consensus & agreement from, at the very least, the "medical experts" who studied & were questioned regarding the cause of death in this case. For the umpteenth time, since conflicting opinions from experts were offered reasonable doubt is, well, reasonable. If you're trying to prove Bruce used &/or abused steroids, I won't say it couldn't have happened, but I did enjoy asking Tom Bleecker about the evidence of this a few years back on another forum, & in the end he told me if I'd seen what he had as far as medical records were concerned, I wouldn't doubt it. Might very well be true, but those medical records have never been publicly available to my knowledge &, with all due respect to Mr. Bleecker, Tom having written his book after divorcing from Linda reasonably reduces his credibility as an unbiased witness/source of information, in my opinion.

This was for me an interesting & engaging opportunity to practice critical thinking, & point/counter-point reasoning based debate, right up to the point were someone started cussing & calling names instead. I'm not interested in cussing & calling names, thanks.

I find it kind of funny that in between these two duking it out, is me randomly talking about some kid actor. :bigsmile:

@Bruce, I understand your point of view, that anyone could write those documents, so how do we know they are real. You obviously don`t believe and we do.

I think the only way you could believe any of this, is if you was there, am i right?.

The best move forward here is to agree to disagree and move on.

Phantom Dreamer
You cannot be pre-exposed to a subject, in this case mary j, and then be hypersensitive to it. However, unrefined or not, something was causing this man to drop weight, muscle mass, and energy levels... He looked as if he'd aged 10yrs.

No one wishes to follow the possibility his drugs could have been laced with a substance that would not show in toxicology reports from an autopsy performed almost 72hrs a.d.

A tremendous amount of physical evidence could have severely deteriorated by then. Remember, medicine wasn't was advanced then was now, and what we currently take for granted.

P.S.: remember the reports from the set of ETD, when Lee found someone around his tea cup how he was paranoid and went bullistic. Almost as if he were concerned with "tampering". People forget the little things.

Excellent point, even now, 41 years later.

So...this Bruce Lee fellow was......

A truly great innovative martial artist that created a new way of martial arts thinking.

He became a major film star with a huge ego

He had his own inner demons: use of (potentially) very harmful/strong drugs, committing adultery with alleged "women of low morals".

He was both a bully and someone who trampled over the feelings of colleagues and friends.

He was self driven to become an international celebrity

He was massively paranoid - side effects of Canabis and Steroid use manifests.

He was jealous of his peers success (Coburn, McQueen etc)

He rated himself as the world's top martial artist

He had a massive temper and needed his wife to "cool him down" at times

He never starred in a box-office bomb

His films are universally recognised as classics of the genre

He was/still is a hero to millions

He was a man (with flaws we all have) after all....

Right on, ShukoCarl.

He was a man - just like us.

And 41 years after his passing, we're still talking about him, enthusing about his works.

That's a legacy to be proud of.

Here's to him.

Long may he be remembered.

So...this Bruce Lee fellow was......

A truly great innovative martial artist that created a new way of martial arts thinking.

He became a major film star with a huge ego

He had his own inner demons: use of (potentially) very harmful/strong drugs, committing adultery with alleged "women of low morals".

He was both a bully and someone who trampled over the feelings of colleagues and friends.

He was self driven to become an international celebrity

He was massively paranoid - side effects of Canabis and Steroid use manifests.

He was jealous of his peers success (Coburn, McQueen etc)

He rated himself as the world's top martial artist

He had a massive temper and needed his wife to "cool him down" at times

He never starred in a box-office bomb

His films are universally recognised as classics of the genre

He was/still is a hero to millions

He was a man (with flaws we all have) after all....

Brilliant!

Phantom Dreamer
On 7/30/2012 at 9:21 AM, sdog2006 said:

The Estate (ne Linda Lee, Shannon Lee, John Little) created a product. They laud Lee for his successes and dismiss his flaws. Little named his own son Brandon for f*ck sake, that is literally sick. Lee preached individuality and you go and name your son after someone elses. Bleurgh?????????

John Little named his son Brandon so of course he's going to wear Asics sneakers.

1310789904-f19efc9d1d10ccae74b19466199a0947_n.jpg

Phantom Dreamer
On 1/16/2018 at 11:35 AM, DragonClaws said:

Pranks, Porches and Jeet Kune Do: The friendship of Steve Mcqueen & Bruce Lee

Link- http://fightland.vice.com/blog/pranks-porsches-and-jeet-kune-do-the-friendship-of-steve-mcqueen-and-bruce-lee

steve-mcqueen-header_grande.jpg?35904

Hollywoods king of cool, performs some lateral raises.

I would have liked to have seen a McQueen and Bruce Lee movie, maybe set in San Francisco or something. Maybe technology will make it a reality.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
5 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I would have liked to have seen a McQueen and Bruce Lee movie, maybe set in San Francisco or something. Maybe technology will make it a reality.

Bruce was planning on settling in Hollywood full time after he was done with his remaining Hong Kong projects, so it could've happened.

9 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Hi @Phantom Dreamer I'm not sure why you've quoted me from another thread, or how the article I posted in the other thread is related to this one.

Edited by DragonClaws

Phantom Dreamer

Art of the Pine Box, the former Seattle funeral home, site of Lee's United States funeral, turned bar, artwork.

13620303_1191985357502447_8200805983649330860_n.jpg