Stars that never got fame that they deserved?

MG Lerox

TibetanWhiteCrane

Wang Lung Wei was a good guy in Mercenaries From Hong Kong, and I think a few others.

HJL was a good guy in Hitman In The Hand Of Buddah, Hard Bastard, Innocent Interloper and a semi good guy in Iron Angels.

Finally watched To Kill A Mastermind on the ZiiEagle. What a great movie! Now I know why you guys are raving about it. But except for Wang Lung Wei & Yuen Hua, the other stars are unfamiliar faces at least to me. Didn't they make it? All of them are acrobatic and can fight so well.

Finally watched To Kill A Mastermind on the ZiiEagle. What a great movie! Now I know why you guys are raving about it. But except for Wang Lung Wei & Yuen Hua, the other stars are unfamiliar faces at least to me. Didn't they make it? All of them are acrobatic and can fight so well.

Two of the leads are Lo Meng's real life brothers. One I'm definite on, he's got arm rings on, looks & moves just like LM, I think the other might be the one in red from the first fight (moves right for that assumption I reckon), if not he's one of the leads for sure.

One Armed Boxer
Agree. He was so friggin' awesome in Martial Club.... But right now I cannot recall any other non-baddie role of his. A real shame.

Regarding Wang Lung Wei, I believe he had a lead good guy role in `Flash Future Kung-Fu`.

I would say Billy Chong definitely. He was great in Fistful of Talons, Super Power, Crystal Fist just to name a few his fighting was very fluid and quick. Was also very acrobatic. Some may not like him perhaps but I thought he was underrated. I think that some of his films were independent which could have been why he never really became a star

I agree, Billy Chong is a superstar in my mind too, he just didn't make enough movies to be near the top. Crystal Fist and Super Power are by far two of the best fighting performances by the star of any movie that I've seen.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Good picks from everyone....

Billy Chong

Charlie Chan

Chen Shan

Chu Ko (Ker)

Ng Kwan Lung

Eagle Han Ying

Chia Kai

Peter Chen

Alan Chui

Meng Yuen Man

Jacky Chen Shao Lung

Hau Chiu Sing

Chu Tiet Wo

Lau Hok Nin

Cheung Lik

Chan Shan should have definetly had more roles. This man could have easily rivaled HJL in the fight scenes.

Also Ken Lo seems to have been relegated to unimportant cameo like roles in recent years. When I saw films like "Invisible Target" and "Lethal Ninja", he did practically nothing in either and appeared only briefly. This man should be the one kicking arse just like "Donnie Yen" still does nowadays.

This is a major dissappointment.

Wang Lung Wei was a good guy in Mercenaries From Hong Kong, and I think a few others.

HJL was a good guy in Hitman In The Hand Of Buddah, Hard Bastard, Innocent Interloper and a semi good guy in Iron Angels.

+ Secret Envoy, Black Dragon River, Kill the Ninja.

Good picks from everyone....

Billy Chong

Charlie Chan

Chen Shan

Chu Ko (Ker)

Ng Kwan Lung

Eagle Han Ying

Chia Kai

Peter Chen

Alan Chui

Meng Yuen Man

Jacky Chen Shao Lung

Hau Chiu Sing

Chu Tiet Wo

Lau Hok Nin

Cheung Lik

Totally agree on Jacky Chen, that guy was real talent i can't believe that he stock in Jackie Chans shadow.

Eagle Han was pretty much popular he used to star in many good Korean flms but also in 2 Jackie Chan world wide box office hits and thats not small thing, so i would say that he pretty much made it. Only problem with him is that he keeped his private life unknown to public.

hanying_radEA1E0.jpg

I would say Kwon Young-Moon was definitely underrated. The man had some dynamic kicks and while he would star in a few films with fellow Korean bootmaster Hwang Jang-Lee (In BLOOD CHILD, HJL was the hero and KYM the villain and in YOUNG HERO, they reversed the hero and villain roles), he was totally underused by Jackie Chan in DRAGON LORD and PROJECT A, while Lau Kar-Leung used his kicks to good effect in RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER.

He even did some fine kicking in the added scenes of MASTER WITH CRACKED FINGERS.

I will say he does make a good action director. He choreographed the fight scenes in YOUNG HERO (with co-star Tino Wong) and in the Hollywood B-movie L.A. STREET FIGHTERS starring Jun Chong, Phillip Rhee, James Lew, and Bill "Superfoot" Wallace.

• Like 1

Cognoscente

Yeung Ching-Ching.

In retrospect, she should have gone to the Mainland or even Taiwan instead of slumming it as a HK stuntwoman.

• Like 2