The Hot, the Cool and Lee Tso Nam

teako170

Going through some old Eastern Heroes mags. What a great publication - only wish they had made more of these.

Or someone made something similar today dealing solely with the old school (a guy can dream, ya know). Anyway....

Dug up this great piece by Toby and thought I'd share. LSN is my favorite indie director and HCV one of my fave indie flix.

Even have the poster framed and hanging up in my movie room.

Eastern Heroes; Special Edition #4 (1996)

The Hot, the Cool and Lee Tso Nam by Toby Russell.

Enjoy......

lsn_1.jpg

lsn_2.jpg

lsn_3.jpg

lsn_4.jpg

lsn_5.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was awesome! I never knew Delon Tam and Jim Kelly had issues, however, it does come across on-screen.

Also, I didn't know he directed Fist of Fury II. It is one of Ho Chung Tao's better efforts and the fights are choreographed kind of gritty.

:nerd:

thedirtytiger

I have some spares copies of Eastern Heroes issue 4 and issue 6 if anyone would like to have the whole magazines.

I have some spares copies of Eastern Heroes issue 4 and issue 6 if anyone would like to have the whole magazines.

Tiger I've pm'd you re spares

Thanks for posting Teako

The Hot the cool the vicious and Eagles claw are not faves of mine (they are both too slow for my liking) - much prefer Fatal Needles V Fatal Fists (Chang Yi was seriously menacing in that) and Woman Avenger- Legs fighters and Shaolin Invincible sticks are marred by too much frame clipping. Perhaps time and financial constraints are factors in the inconsistency of Lee Tso Nams output.

Great post! Tommy Lee is awesome in HCV. I never thought to put the films together like that. SO, I've never seen Eagle's Claw... Iz on the way! I like Chang Yi, can't wait

Jesse Smooth
That was awesome! I never knew Delon Tam and Jim Kelly had issues, however, it does come across on-screen.

Also, I didn't know he directed Fist of Fury II. It is one of Ho Chung Tao's better efforts and the fights are choreographed kind of gritty.

:nerd:

Tan did say that Kelly had good hand techniques, but his kicks were no good.

Love some Lee Tso Nam films, I never seen such a divide on what people consider his better movies, for me phantom Kung Fu is one of my favorite movies of his, and I know it's well hated by many people:xd:

Still need to see Green Jade Statuette!

Archived