Aussie Park Boys

Guest melchevsky

Guest melchevsky

Just saw this low budget film and thought it was quite good. Plenty of fights. Very good realistic feel, boxing with some kicks, knees, wrist locks, and so forth. Oh, and I forgot, liberal use of the "B"-Slap.

While it's serious in tone, I don't think there is a serious message here. As long as you can role with that and realize that this isn't a Hollywood backed enterprise, I would suggest finding a copy.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ShaofuSage

I watched this a couple nights ago and really was quite lost as to how seriously this is meant to be taken.

The film is presented as a serious portrayal of gang life, but it just had a surreal feel to it that turned the movie into more of a fantasy portrayal of the subject (especially later on in the film with the obvious and painful ripoff of The Warriors, a gang movie that was not meant to be taken seriously at all). Plus seeing grown-ass men as gang members, with similar clothes and all, a bit weird.

I'll try to look into the background of this film and the director to see how true to reality the film is supposed to be. OK film overall, but the killings did disturb me a bit (seemed senseless and unnecessary, plus the lack of police for the majority of the film, I don't know).

Archived