Upcoming Sci-Fi & Fantasy Films

daisho2004

I know I had started a thread of upcoming movies but I just couldn't find it so here is a new one tell me what you think of some of the movies coming out:

http://www.imdb.com/list/TweyHamu78M/

I can tell you that I'm not happy with The Thing remake with a Woman replacing Kurt Russel. Don't get me wrong I just feel that this role was made for a Guy, but I'm going to watch it with an empty plate.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee
I can tell you that I'm not happy with The Thing remake with a Woman replacing Kurt Russel. Don't get me wrong I just feel that this role was made for a Guy, but I'm going to watch it with an empty plate.

It's not a remake, it's a prequel about the Norwegian group that discovered the Thing.

From the set reports I've read, this is one of movies I'm highly anticipating. Though CGI effects will be used, traditional practical effects will be more prevelant to keep in tone with the original.

I liked the producers approach to the film also, who've stated that remaking Carpenter's original would be like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. Also, they consider it a companion piece to original.

Archived