Uncut/Extended Versions.......

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

I don't know about the rest of you out there but I for one I'm getting sick and tired of all these movies coming out and we wait to buy them and then 3-6 months later the Uncut/Extended Versions come out. I wish they would just tell you on the back of the DVD's there is a Uncut/Extended Versions coming out and the date. Now Peter Jackson of the LOTR said on the back of his movies there was the extended version and he even had some previews of it. Or they should just release the Uncut/Extended Versions at the same time or even charge a little extra for it, I'd buy it right then & there.

You have: Sin City - Uncut/Extended Version being released in Nov. or Dec. I seen it on one of the site's

Then you had Gladiator Uncut, which was good.

Then UnderWorld and it really didn't have anything that we missed in the 1st. movie. so sometimes there really isn't a big deal.

Next is Alien vs. Predator Uncut come on already stop the BS.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest godzillakungfu

I agree but as a consumer you can just say no. If it is a movie you really want then wait. Like you said 3-6 months later the extended/uncut comes out. Yet, the companies know there are millions of people who won't wait. So, they double dip into the consumers pocket. Let us say a million people buy Doom@$15. That company just made $15,000,000. Now, if only half the numbers buy the extended you have made $22,000,000 total.

It may suck as a consumer but, it is good business. The only way companies will stop is if everyone waited until the extended versions came out. If the companies had to sit on Millions of copies of regular versions, they would immediately put out the full featured release.

Guest Daisho2004

OK but some movies never come out until years later ex: Gladiator its been over 5yrs. another Kill Bill. I loved this movie but I got the Japanese version Uncut. QT never released the Uncut version in the US why? So yes it does suck but I try to wait it out, but its really just a roll of the Dice, is there going to be a Uncut version or not. Than the Stupid 10th.anniversity issue comes out no difference what so ever.

Guest Soda drink

ELEKTRA is on the top of the list. HK choreography cant compare to the new and improved style this classic gem has.

Jennifer garner is the greatest female martial artist ever! she runs circles around cynthia ranthrock, angela mao, michelle yeoh, kara hui and moon lee.

And how the Ninjas inexplicably puffed into yellow smoke is the greatest innovation ever.

ELEKTRA is truly electrifying. No action movie before it or after can ever come close to this badass flick. Period.

Guest killer meteor

Personally, I'm more annoyed about "director's cuts" of older films coming out with no option of viewing the original. To name a few

Star Wars trilogy

Picnic At Hanging Rock

Dracula '79 - no additional footage but a vastly tampered with colour scheme

Guest Daisho2004

Another movie that I thought was great was Blade Runner I liked it when Harrison Ford narrated the entire movie but when it was released on DVD (Directors Cut) it removed the narration which I thought was a key element of the movie.

Guest beardy82
ELEKTRA is on the top of the list. HK choreography cant compare to the new and improved style this classic gem has.

Are u being serious ?

Guest godzillakungfu

Don't open up the star wars trilogy can of worms.

Like the BS "the technology wasn't where it is now in the 1970's....." as an excuse for is reinvisioning of the trilogy.

Guest Daisho2004

I was in the store today and they had the Uncut version of AVP but it only has 8 additional minutes of footage, to me thats not a lot at all, but I will rent it just to see the difference.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Anytime there is a sequel nowadays they re-release the original DVD's in either "Special Edition" or "Unrated Director Cut". Throw in a few extra interviews and 5 min of unfinished deleted scenes. And 99% of deleted scenes on these discs were deleted for a good reason (they're crap). Now they dont even wait as long either to release the SE or DC's. Electra, AVP, Sin City, Saw, Daredevil, Lord Of The Rings (released 3-4 versions!!) anything Tarantino has ever directed, ect.... I guess as long as we're (consumers) dumb enough to buy the same thing over and over again, more power to them.

Archived