60's Batman tv series

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

I know the tv channel HUB has been showing lots of the older superhero shows and one is the 60's tv show of Batman starring Adam West and Burt Ward.

I happened to notice while channel surfing last night that the ep showing was part one of the Green Hornet 2 parter. Part two airs tonight.

Needless to say, I'm DVRing them.

It may be a little late but I thought I'd give everyone a head's up anyway.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had seen that episode before, Bruce Lee aka Kato and Robin went at it, and unfortunately it was kinda of a tie!!! I know WTF!!!!

:yociexp60:

ShaOW!linDude

I know.:tongue:

If I remember right it was scripted that GH and Kato were supposed to lose to the Dynamic Duo. Burt Ward, who had a black belt in something or other, had been feeling his oats and talking smack. Bruce wasn't having none of it and was giving him the silent treatment which unnerved him a good bit. I think there was even a bit of contention with the producers about it. Ultimately it was decided that they would fight to a draw.

Still, it's pretty cool.

I really wish they would release these eps to dvd and also the entire run of the Green Hornet as well. Love that show!:nerd::xd:

DAJIZZARIZZA

If I remember right it was scripted that GH and Kato were supposed to lose to the Dynamic Duo. Burt Ward, who had a black belt in something or other, had been feeling his oats and talking smack. Bruce wasn't having none of it and was giving him the silent treatment which unnerved him a good bit. I think there was even a bit of contention with the producers about it. Ultimately it was decided that they would fight to a draw.

Still, it's pretty cool.

I really wish they would release these eps to dvd and also the entire run of the Green Hornet as well. Love that show!:nerd::xd:

i have both the entire Batman (60's) series in order and Green Hornet series in order

the Batman series was made for me by a old trading friend from Canada named JOKER,.. My nickname is JOKER as well,.. and his custom made set is THE BEST!!!

Both series are clear and eye candy ,.. the custom made set is hands down the best i've seen around,..every volume has a different menu and battoosie music:tongue:

if you wish to purchase both sets ,.. i can work a deal with you.

for info on the Green Hornet set ,.. other than my opinon,.. ask KUNGFUBOB

pm me if you are really interested.

ShaOW!linDude
i have both the entire Batman (60's) series in order and Green Hornet series in order

the Batman series was made for me by a old trading friend from Canada named JOKER,.. My nickname is JOKER as well,.. and his custom made set is THE BEST!!!

Both series are clear and eye candy ,.. the custom made set is hands down the best i've seen around,..every volume has a different menu and battoosie music:tongue:

if you wish to purchase both sets ,.. i can work a deal with you.

for info on the Green Hornet set ,.. other than my opinon,.. ask KUNGFUBOB

pm me if you are really interested.

Dude, that sounds really good and this time last year I'd have been all over that. Right now I'm out of work for a while and money is super-tight and I'm exercising extreme discipline when it comes to dvd purchases. But when things change I'll be looking you up.

I truly appreciate the offer, dude.

DAJIZZARIZZA
Dude, that sounds really good and this time last year I'd have been all over that. Right now I'm out of work for a while and money is super-tight and I'm exercising extreme discipline when it comes to dvd purchases. But when things change I'll be looking you up.

I truly appreciate the offer, dude.

i'm sorry to hear friend,.. i truly hope things get better and a job grabs you man, very soon.

i had this set for years now ,.. it will not be going anywhere ,.. i never traded or sold this set ,.. so no one even has this gem yet.

best wishes bro.

i do not do this often,.. but "pm" me your address ,.. i'll send you my 4 dvd set of Green Hornet (from one fan to another),.. just do not trade or sell this set to anyone,.. it's my personal baby.

you will be only the second person to have a copy of my set. from this forum.

this set of Green Hornet ,.. is better than the retail set selling for $49.99 everywhere else.

Still, it's pretty cool.

I think that story is a crock... I've heard it too BUT in Batman might makes right. The good guys win by virtue of, well, virtue. Green Hornet was a good guy masquerading as a bad guy, but still has that virtuous core. He, like Batman, is pre-destined to win every fight! Plus, you don't launch a spin off by announcing "These guys, who you may have never heard of anyway because they are from a radio show that folded like 15 years ago, are almost as tough as Batman and Robin!" If there was any bickering about Band R beating GH and K, it was probably between DC and whomever owned Green Hornet at the time!

In fact, here is what Burt Ward says about it from his website (remember, Burt Ward's dad owned a big real estate company)... Interesting version:

Question:

Hello, I remember watching the Batman series, and my question is that one Batman show Batman and Robin run into the Green Hornet and his driver Kato who is known as Bruce Lee. I like to Ask Burt Ward What was it like to meet Bruce Lee and what was he like off screen? Thank you, Fred.

Reply from Burt:

Bruce was a very fun and energetic person. I met Bruce just before he starred in the Green Hornet. In fact, I was able to get Bruce and his wife Linda an apartment in the same building as me. Bruce and I often sparred and jogged along the beach. We also had dinners together with our families. Watching him work was amazing - his speed and accuracy were second to none. There's always been the ongoing story about when we filmed the cross-over episode, that I was afraid of Bruce and was nervous working with him. In fact, nothing could have been further from the truth. Prior to the shoot Bruce and I laughed and joked and worked on blocking (rehearsing) the scene - people forget that there's a few hours of rehearsals to do one of those fights. By the time we got around to filming it, we'd probably have done the scene 10 - 15 times. To this day I don't know

where that story came from because Bruce worked hard at making not only me, but everyone else on the set very comfortable. He was a true professional and an amazing athlete.

i do not do this often,.. but "pm" me your address ,.. i'll send you my 4 dvd set of Green Hornet (from one fan to another)

DAJIZZARIZZA: That's what this forum is all about!

DAJIZZARIZZA
DAJIZZARIZZA: That's what this forum is all about!

lol,... i thought it was about pimp'n dvds for $40 a pop or $2000 per forum:cry:

ShaOW!linDude

@ Michael L:

That's cool. If it's true I wonder where the rumor started. I thought I remembered hearing the story I spoke of related by one of BL's students in a documentary.

Ah well. Your post is very interesting. I'll remember that the next time the subject comes up. Thanks for cluing me in.

lol,... i thought it was about pimp'n dvds for $40 a pop or $2000 per forum

Yeah that's for the new Guys! lol

OpiumKungFuCracker

Van Williams tells a different story.... When they read the script about the cross-over episodes, Bruce was kind of mad that he was gonna lose to Robin and was gettin all worked up during shooting scenes, but I guess he was in character.. Van Williams also said that Bruce and Williams stunt double Barry almost gotten into a fight for a dispute over fight choreography.... Van Williams interview is on the 30th anniversary box set Region 2 edition if interested...

Again, none of that adds up. The Green Hornet appearance in Batman was very near the end of the Green Hornet run... it was an attempt to boost ratings of Green Hornet which was also produced by the same studio so it would get renewed (even though GH is not a part of Batman or even a DC character, which probably PO'ed some DC people). Having the characters you are trying to sell as cool heroes get pummeled in their guest shot is not good marketing! Fighting to a draw makes the most sense (for a kid's show, and these were kid's shows) and that is what happened. Even if they "split" the fight, you'd expect Batman to beat Green Hornet (his show after all) and Kato to have the face saving win over Robin. And further evidence that this was all to boost Green Hornet and Kato is the fact that they got Special Guest Hero/Special Guest Assistant Hero billing knocking the actual villain out of the special guest star role for the only time in the series!

That doesn't, by the way, mean that you can't get into a big argument about how that draw is choreographed.

Archived