Scarface (1983)

teako170

Did anyone get the chance to watch this on AMC last week?

Watched it on AMC-HD and {{wow}} couldn't believe how c-r-i-s-p the image was.

Afterward I popped my disc in and it looked like a....

decade old bootleg VHS -- absolutely horrible! :sad:

I understand a Blu-ray is to be released this year? Though I have a BR player, I don't own any of the discs.

Scarface will be a definite purchase for me. Hopefully it'll look as good as the HD presentation.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scarface is one of the movies that I watched SOOOOOOO many times as a teen (I was into Scarface way before mid-90's hype)....

anyways, I promised myself not to watch until I get the BR release. I'm happy to hear it'll be a great print!

Blu-ray is amazing. I'm kinda over it. But it's always nice to watch those classics that you've seen a million times on VHS or even DVD. The difference is fantastic.

I understand Taxi Driver is supposed to have a really nice transfer too.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Did anyone get the chance to watch this on AMC last week?

Watched it on AMC-HD and {{wow}} couldn't believe how c-r-i-s-p the image was.

Afterward I popped my disc in and it looked like a....

decade old bootleg VHS -- absolutely horrible! :sad:

I understand a Blu-ray is to be released this year? Though I have a BR player, I don't own any of the discs.

Scarface will be a definite purchase for me. Hopefully it'll look as good as the HD presentation.

Yeah, the VHS, the laser disc, and the DVD all look like grainy shit to me. Didn't stop me from watching it a million times though. :tongue:

Scarface is one of the movies that I watched SOOOOOOO many times as a teen (I was into Scarface way before mid-90's hype)....

LOL Yeah, saw it in the theater (thank God my Pops is so freakin' cool!), loved it, and suddenly, years later all of these rap guys had made it their cinematic bible! :smile:

anyways, I promised myself not to watch until I get the BR release. I'm happy to hear it'll be a great print!

Blu-ray is amazing. I'm kinda over it. But it's always nice to watch those classics that you've seen a million times on VHS or even DVD. The difference is fantastic.

I understand Taxi Driver is supposed to have a really nice transfer too.

Can't wait to see SCARFACE and TAXI DRIVER on BR!

I've got to admit- I was very cynical about the medium in the beginning ("NO WAY am I replacing DVDs with another new medium!" :tongue:), especially whether or not it would make a difference in older films. Well... comparing (shot for shot) from DVD to BR on SEVEN SAMURAI, ENTER THE DRAGON, and this afternoon, the stunning looking BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI (for those that haven't seen it, SEE IT!)... I was so wrong to have doubted the merits of BR. It really is a huge difference! :nerd:

ShaOW!linDude

I caught that in the theater, too, when it first came out.

I remember freaking when the film stopped at about 2 hours in. Then the screen read "Intermission". I went to take a leak and hotbox a cigarette and then dash back in for the last hour.

Only time I've ever been to a movie and had a break in it like that.

I have yet to meet a man who can't do dialogue from that movie.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I would rather have these classic films that I grew up loving release in it's original 35mm print on the big screen as oppose to buying it on bluray.... I need to go out more, I'm swimming in a pile of Plastic dvd cases, lol...

LOL Yeah, saw it in the theater (thank God my Pops is so freakin' cool!), loved it, and suddenly, years later all of these rap guys had made it their cinematic bible!

Exactly. Truthfully, and I have nothing against rap, but that's when the movie was killed! ut you can bet your ass I'll still buy it on blu-ray. =D I liked it better when it was a cult hit a lot of people didn't know about.

Archived