DVD COLLECTIONS

Guest venoms5

Guest venoms5

I was curious aside from kung fu/samurai movies what other genres people here are interested in, number of DVDs in your collections and favorite films not necessarily confined to Asian cinema. Also, if there was a particular film or films that began your interest in collecting movies. Over the years I've accumulated nearly 1300 discs spanning all genres but mostly asian and exploitation fare-horror,sci-fi-fantasy,spaghetti westerns,extreme horror,US action(mostly 70s-they don't make them like they used to),blaxploitation,comedies,kung fu-samurai,japanese sci-fi and a few mexican wrestling movies. Movies that had a profound effect on me were STROKE OF DEATH, MASKED AVENGERS(saw both at the drive-in), anything on SHOCK THEATER, PIECES and BLOOD FEAST got me interested in extreme horror which led to MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY which I saw around 10 or 11 years old with my grandparents present(it was just a movie to me albeit a most disturbing one and at the time I had no idea they would react the way they did) and upon them seeing Giovanni Lombardo Radice gouging out a natives eye then castrating him nearly landed me in a psychiatrists' office and I wasn't allowed to view horror films for a number of years although I did anyway secretly ordering through the mail from such outlets as Video Mania and Mondo Video. Aside from Shaw Brothers, KF indies, Hammer horror or big bug movies, extreme horror intrigued me the most because I wanted to see if there was anything that could top the previous nasty flick I had seen. Ommitting the KF genre(there's too many to mention), some of my favorites or most frequently watched are- BLACK SUNDAY, GALAXY OF TERROR, THEATER OF BLOOD, RUN MAN, RUN, BULLET FOR THE GENERAL, COMPANEROS, GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD, SUPER FUZZ, SHOCK WAVES, HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD, VAMPIRE CIRCUS, DEATHSTALKER, UP THE ACADEMY(desperately in need of a DVD release), DAWN OF THE DEAD(78) , FLASH GORDON, CLASH OF THE TITANS, STAR TREK 2, MONSTER ZERO, GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA(74), TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA, HORROR EXPRESS, PEOPLE THAT TIME FORGOT, ZOMBIE, TRUCK TURNER, FOXY BROWN, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP, ALLIGATOR, THE BIG BIRD CAGE, DEATH RACE 2000, ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES(my aunt and uncle, when they lived in San Diego, were asked to be in this movie but unfortunately they declined), FATHER GOOSE, MR. MAJESTYK, ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, CONAN 1 & 2, THE SWORD & THE SORCEROR, THE BEASTMASTER, KRULL, JAWS 2, SUPERMAN 2, etc, etc...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well

-kung fu movies of course

-spaghetti westerns..especially anything with franco nero,the amazing actor thomas milan,gianni garko,william berger,anything with lee van cleef

-euro crime movies..with thomas milan and franco nero again

and klause kinski

-old 60's and especially 70's action ala charles bronson,lee marvin,clint eastwood,ect

and the horror craze of the 80's

ahhhhhhh man just to many movies so little money

This post should be full,but since it's not here's what I also collect:

SUPERHERO movies, cartoons, and fan films

episodes of DOCTOR WHO and HIGHLANDER

Guest ShaofuSage

Aside from Kung Fu stuff, I have some other Asian flicks, including your basic John Woo (The Killer, Hard Boiled, etc), some Korean adventure stuff (Musa, The Warrior, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, etc).

I also collect blaxplotation stuff, although there doesn't seem to be too much of this, but I do have: Shaft, Shaft's Big Score, Coffy, Foxy Brown, Dolemite, Cleopatra Jones, etc. Presently looking for a Black Belt Jones DVD, but have been unsuccessful.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Besides my Martial Arts film collection I've also just started to collect Hammer Horror films. Just recently received the multiple disc sets put out by Warner Brothers and Universal. I also collect classic action tv shows like Starsky and Hutch and some childhood favorite shows like The Incredible Hulk.

Archived