Marvel Knights: Black Panther

daisho2004

OK I just finished watching this new comic animated movie Marvel Knights: Black Panther, but its really a 6 episodes series instead of a full length one. Overall I did enjoy this 6 episodes series hopefully they'll make a full length movie with better animation.

Who Is The Black Panther?

Deep in the heart of Africa lies Wakanda, an advanced and unconquerable civilization. A family of warrior kings possessing superior speed, strength and agility has governed this mysterious nation as long as time itself. The latest in this famed line is young King T’Challa, the great hero known worldwide as the Black Panther.

Now, outsiders once again threaten to invade and plunder Wakanda. Leading this brutal assault is Klaw, a deadly assassin with the blood of T’Challa’s murdered father on his hands, who brings with him a strong army of super-powered mercenaries. Even with Wakanda’s might and his own superhuman skills, can the Black Panther prevail against this deadly invading force?

I've taken reviews from other people to give you a good idea about this DVD:

The animation style is different, somewhere between "normal" animation and a motion comic, but the art is John Romita Jr.'s and is first rate. If you are the sort of person who gets upset that not all animation looks like your favorite "cartoons", this might bother you. If you are the sort of person who can relax and appreciate a unique style for what it is, then do that, and you'll see it is appropriate and really well done. At first glance, the animation takes some getting used to but once you're immersed in the storyline the animation, art, voice acting, and plot of the story are all perfect to complement the story of T'Challa, Marvel's Black Panther.

Some people are upset that the Black Panther lays the smack down on Captain America. It *is* clearly emphasized that Cap has just started out (he has the old, pointy shield to prove it) ... and this Black Panther of the WW II era has MUCH more experience. And let's be honest, the Black Panther is in Captain America's weight class (I'd put Wolverine in there too). And do you know a better way to establish a character as a formidable fighter than to show him taking down Captain America (after a hard fight)? And as the generic state department guy reminds us, the Panther did take out the Fantastic Four, all of them, in his first appearance. The Black Panther is TOUGH, Cap was trespassing, assuming that an African country mainly counted as a stage for his fight with the Nazis, and the Panther showed him the door.

51YrIXQkNuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I want to support Marvel's animated efforts but I refuse to buy these stop-motion comic movies.

That's animation regression to a style similar to cartoons produced in the 60's and early 70's. We're beyond that now. I think it's a cop-out on their part to make more money. Do a proper animated release like these characters truly deserve and I'll be all over it like fleas on a hyena's backside.

That's animation regression to a style similar to cartoons produced in the 60's and early 70's. We're beyond that now.

I do agree it was a little hard to get use to, it reminded me of the old Hulk Cartoon show I think it was in the late 70's or very early 80's that was like that. But its still a good series I would still recommend you check it out.

Archived