Lion vs Lion (Tokyo Shock) 6/28

mpm74

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll go ahesd and pre-order it. $12 is pretty cheap for a Tokyo Shock release. Hope this will include the English dub. It's too bad though, knowing TS's reputation, this will probably be delayed until June 2012 :tongue:. At least we know that TS is still trying to churn these out.

Drunken Monk

I always thought this was a terribly underrated gem so I'll definitely be ordering it when it's released.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Honestly, I don't think Lo Mang has ever looked better in action than he does here. But the nervegrating comedy kills it for me. Might pick it up though.

The Silver Fox

The lion dance and the giant razor fight make this a must buy. Yes, the comedy is a little annoying in places but LVL starts to have more serious tone in the third act. Lo Meng has some excellent fights so it's worth a purchase IMO.

I'm looking forward to this release. I agree the ending could of used some tweaking but overall it was really fun.

three and a half months of torture-like waiting. This is like anticipating The Matrix Reloaded except it's guaranteed goodness.

One Armed Boxer

One of my favorite ever fights in any kung-fu movie is from 'Lion vs Lion'...& it doesn't even feature Lo Meng....I'm talking about Wang Lung Wei vs.Chien Yueh Sheng midway through the film, it's amazing!

iUH5BMLDPEg

Lots of good fights in this one. But the ending is terrible.

Agreed.

This was well on it's way to being a "true classic" until the crappy ending. I don't understand why they butchered this movie with that crap.

It's set up earlier in the film only to be awkwardly executed at the end. To me it's not so much of what happens at the end, but how hurriedly it unfolds. All this intense building fizzles to a rushed anticlimactic ending. Yet I still really like Lion Vs. Lion. A testament to the earlier happenings of said film.

One of my favorite ever fights in any kung-fu movie is from 'Lion vs Lion'...& it doesn't even feature Lo Meng....I'm talking about Wang Lung Wei vs.Chien Yueh Sheng midway through the film, it's amazing!

iUH5BMLDPEg

This fight scene alone is worth the price of the DVD. Very underrated film.

The Silver Fox

Pretty nice cover, basically the same as the IVL, except the gold lettering.While watching the 5EN interview, I was kind of suprised that Lo Meng seems dismissive of this film. I think it is one of his better staring roles, and certainly more entertaining than KWTGA, which I've never been too crazy about.

Yeah, KWTGA was a letdown for me as well. I actually sold my IVL days after watching it.

I think today was susposed to be the release date. I had preordered this from amazon and in my account it says " Not shipped yet, delivery estimate: June 30th 2011"

On amazon's site page for LvL it says "usually ships within 5 to 6 weeks."

I'm willing to bet that TS hasn't notified amazon of the delay yet and it will probably be months before we get to see this. I'll tell you guys if I hear anything else.

GOLDEN ARM was classic. when i've shown GOLDEN ARM even people who don't like kungfu movies like that one. every one thinks it's cool and repeats lines from it for the next few weeks. i wouldn't show these same people LION VS LION though. some of the fights are good but wasted in a non serious movie---in my opinion it's movies like this that sped up the demise of shaw bros empire. having said that' i will still be buying it to add to my collection.:tongue:

Seriously, I *REALLY* can't remember the last time Media Blasters put something out on time :sad: I mean, how fucking hard is it to not give out a release date until you are 100% CERTAIN that you can meet that date?!

Not only did Lion VS Lion go MIA today, but their blu-ray of the Italian zombie cheesefest Burial Ground, which also had today's date, hasn't appeared either... goes to show that it's Media Blasters in general, and not just Tokyo Shock... UGH...

We should be used to this by now no need to complain. At least they releasing these fucking movies period..

Saying we should be used to it just makes it seem like it's okay for them to keep doing it over and over again. They never used to be this bad in setting incorrect release dates. And don't get me wrong, I'm very glad they're releasing these movies... which is why I get frustrated when they delay them multiple times. I mean, we waited all last year for ONE Shaw Brothers film, while previously they seemed to release one nearly every other month.

Maybe I shouldn't complain, but it seems like they're getting progressively worse with their delays :squigglemouth:

Sadly I've also grown used to MB doing this too us...I don't even get my hopes up anymore, I just add it to my amazon cart and wait to be notified when it's in stock.... Why even give a release date? Just put TBA or something and email us when it's out...:neutral:

(I'm still waiting for Gallants to turn up)...

It's funny I love when Shaws are announced for the US, but lately when I see tokyo shock beside the announcement I cringe a little bit

Archived