Best DVD of Tenebrae?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

There's a good comparison HERE between five of the main global releases that puts the threadbare Dutch disc out on top (It looks the best overall to me, even though the JP is marginally sharper). Does anyone have this and can offer an opinion? Or do you own another edition which is even better? I currently have the UK R2 which it appears is blurry pants despite being 16:9.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I had an older crap VHS of Tenebe I replaced a few years ago with the R1 Anchor Bay release. And I always thought it looked GREAT. And as far as I can tell (from the screencaps) the version I have looked the best outta all of them. The colors in the Japanese and Netherlands versions dont look right to me, too dark with a green tint to them (IMO).I read that they were taken from a different source. Only down side to the US verison is that its not anomorphic. Which is no biggie to me, but I know it usually is for you. Picky bastard! ;)

JK :D

Guest spannick

French TF1 DVD is the best, hands down.

of course, unremovable Subs for the English and Italian Tracks again.

i think the Dutch is based on the same Master.

Guest Markgway

I wouldn't buy it with unremoveable subs, but thanks for the heads up. If it's the best and uses the same print as the Dutch disc, sounds like another vote for that one.

Guest drunkenmantis13

The link you provided still puts the US release on top, which is the one i own. I don't think i could stand the blue/green tint that's present in the second half of the Japan and Dutch discs. Basically there's no top version at all yet, sadly.

Guest Markgway

The review site includes extras as part of their score, which I wouldn't. I'm most concerned about the presentation of the film. But I agree there's no definitive version as of yet.

Archived