"Dawn Of The Dead" Argento's cut ???

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Saw this on the shelf around Halloween time and was wondering if anybody has watched Argeto's cut of Romero's classic. Im not the biggest fan of the film. But the back of the DVD said Argento cut some of the humor (which I found annoying) and dead spots. And also replaced the blah (imo)soundtrack, maybe with Goblin (not sure)?? Any opinions or reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drunkenmantis13

It has the shortest running time of the 3 versions. Some cuts in story and slow parts. I think it has some added gore scenes too. And indeed the soundtrack is now packed with more of Goblin's awesome music! :D

Just buy the Anchor Bay US Ultimate Edition. One disc for each versions, each with audio commentary and the best audio/video quality ever seen for these movies. And a 4th disc loaded with great extras, specially the documentary and new featurette. All in a way too neat boxset...

Secret Executioner

Saw a vinyl release of the Goblin soundtrack in a record store recently - seems like it was an Italian release. It's strange to see the film was supposedly (according to the credits on the back cover) presented by Dario Argento for the Italian market (sorta like the "Tarantino presents" things you get with movies such as Man With The Iron Fists) - and it uses the film's alternative title of Zombi. Italian directors made Zombi sequels, but they are only loosely related to Romero's movie(s) and to each others, as Lucio Fulci's Zombi 3 has next to nothing to do with the existing Zombi 2 (also directed by Fulci).

Reminds me I need to get into those films, I only have the very first one (Night Of The Living Dead) - though I'm not that fond of zombie movies.

Killer Meteor
Saw a vinyl release of the Goblin soundtrack in a record store recently - seems like it was an Italian release. It's strange to see the film was supposedly (according to the credits on the back cover) presented by Dario Argento for the Italian market (sorta like the "Tarantino presents" things you get with movies such as Man With The Iron Fists) - and it uses the film's alternative title of Zombi. Italian directors made Zombi sequels, but they are only loosely related to Romero's movie(s) and to each others, as Lucio Fulci's Zombi 3 has next to nothing to do with the existing Zombi 2 (also directed by Fulci).

Reminds me I need to get into those films, I only have the very first one (Night Of The Living Dead) - though I'm not that fond of zombie movies.

Trunk Records released an album of the De Wolfe library cues Romero mixed into the film. Some of them are to be heard in Shaw Brothers movies.

Archived