Secret Of The Urn On Sale On AnimEigo's website!

Vegeta84

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I believe it is. I personally haven't seen it, but I'm willing to watch anything by Hideo Gosha.

I just wish someone would put out a legit R1 of Hunter In The Dark. One of my favorite Gosha films as well as one of my favorite samurai films.

If anyone were to release I'm guessing it would be AnimEigo. At a time when there aren't many companies invested in Japanese cinema they continue to release at least 12 films a year. Which is not a lot, but but better than nothing.

I have Secret of the Urn very good movie. Haven't seen it in awhile I have to go back and start rewatching all my old Samurai flicks again.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Might have to place a copy, Animego are awesome at releasing old skool Samurai movies!!!

rZ4DrOzwmhc

So I just finished watching this disc. AnimEigo did a fantastic job as usual, and the film was bad either! It's Gosha in his early days, but a lot of his trademarks are there. The climatic sword duel is shot beautifully and while I still have seens hundreds of these battles in Japanese film, this one still stands out.

Next month AnimEigo is releasing Revenge which I haven't seen either, but it's from the director of Bushido which is a great film.

Now, how do we get AnimEigo to release Hunter In The Dark and Tenchu!?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Kinnosuke Nakamura is a great actor, not one of my preferred leads, but he can carry a film. It's been a while since I've seen this one. It's a good movie. Revenge looks interesting. Anyone seen it? Any details?

Archived