Enter the Ninja / Revenge of the Ninja / Ninja 3: The Domination DVD Releases

kurtz

Killer Meteor
Most of the Cannon Ninja flicks are lame, and I've never seen a good Sho Kosugi movie.

If its him in Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave, there is one...sorry I love that film!

I've not seen any Cannon ninja films but I'll bet I'll enjoy them for the vintage 80s cheese.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker
It is likely NInja III will be a fair representation of the original released film. No DVD or Blu Ray of Enter The Dragon has managed this.

I don't know man, that German released totally ruined every expectation I have for this. There is so many Cannon released films put out on dvd/bluray and they have fared pretty well in terms of quality. I don't know the history of this film but has this ever been released in theaters?? Why was this film such a pain in the ass to release anyways? This isn't even a average film, heck this film is probably the worst film ever made and yet it took 2013 to have an official bluray/dvd release??

OpiumKungFuCracker

What's with that wierd egg explosion, Opium?

Hahahha, popcorn in slo-mo bro!

masterofoneinchpunch
I don't know man, that German released totally ruined every expectation I have for this. There is so many Cannon released films put out on dvd/bluray and they have fared pretty well in terms of quality. I don't know the history of this film but has this ever been released in theaters?? Why was this film such a pain in the ass to release anyways? This isn't even a average film, heck this film is probably the worst film ever made and yet it took 2013 to have an official bluray/dvd release??

$7,610,785 So top 100 film for that year in US (ranked 93 in 1984).

There are so many good to great films that do not have DVD/BD releases so I understand why companies hesitate on certain genre films. There are so many HK films I would love to see on R1 and many silent movies.

Jeru the Damaja

The Cannon ninja films were all pretty bad, but they came from a very unique period in time. It was the cheesy 80's and everyone at the time was ninja crazy. My dad used to have American Ninja 1 & 2, Avenging Force, Revenge of the Ninja, Ninja III: The Domination, and Pray for Death all on VHS. Avenging Force wasn't a ninja flick but did feature Michael Dudikoff and Steve James in some martial arts action. Anyway, me and my brother used to watch these movies over and over again until the tapes wore out. I remember even dressing up as a ninja for Halloween one year. If the Ninja III release is successful, I hope Shout goes after more of these films in the future. Not necessarily because they are good movies but because they represent a sense of nostalgia for me and many other 80's kids.

The Cannon ninja films were all pretty bad, but they came from a very unique period in time. It was the cheesy 80's and everyone at the time was ninja crazy. My dad used to have American Ninja 1 & 2, Avenging Force, Revenge of the Ninja, Ninja III: The Domination, and Pray for Death all on VHS. Avenging Force wasn't a ninja flick but did feature Michael Dudikoff and Steve James in some martial arts action. Anyway, me and my brother used to watch these movies over and over again until the tapes wore out. I remember even dressing up as a ninja for Halloween one year. If the Ninja III release is successful, I hope Shout goes after more of these films in the future. Not necessarily because they are good movies but because they represent a sense of nostalgia for me and many other 80's kids.

Yeah wore the end fight to this one out on my beta copy years ago lol, it probably is a horrible movie but your right, it was a good time for 80's blood and cheese in our youth.

ShaOW!linDude
If the Ninja III release is successful, I hope Shout goes after more of these films in the future. Not necessarily because they are good movies but because they represent a sense of nostalgia for me and many other 80's kids.

Hear, hear. I agree.

I'm taking no responsibility for this ninja!

Hey ninja... they probably decided to release it after reading your Eclectic Boogaloo review. :)

• Administrator
Hey ninja... they probably decided to release it after reading your Eclectic Boogaloo review. :)

Yes, that's what happened. (plus the threat with the katana and all. But mostly... it was the review.)

I just recently bought both of these on DVD, As much as I like them (especially Revenge Of The Ninja) I don't think I'll need to upgrade to Blu Ray.

Godfrey Ho cited Enter The Ninja as the reason he started churning out his own brand of Ninja action. I read this in an article about IFD film featured in IMPACT magazine back in the 90's.

I think ill stick with my DVD copy of this one. ETN is a fun film if you don't take it too seriously. Always loved the opening sequence where Franco Nero's character gets to show off his skills.

One Armed Boxer
I've never seen Enter the Ninja / Revenge of the Ninja / Ninja 3: The Domination. The only Sho Kosugi movies i've seen are Black Eagle & Ninja Assassin (& God Father 2 if that counts).

That's great, thanks for sharing with us that you haven't seen the movies that this thread is about.

You can discuss the movies you have seen here -

Black Eagle - http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22899

Ninja Assassin - http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5301

If you want to pick up any of the 3 movies being discussed in this thread, they're available from the usual retailers, just make sure if you're picking up the US versions that you have a region free player, considering you're based in Ireland.

ShaOW!linDude
I've never seen Enter the Ninja / Revenge of the Ninja / Ninja 3: The Domination.

They will be well worth the purchase. ETN is a bit campy but has some good action sequences, especially the ones with Sho. ROTN is a classic!!!! Never get tired of watching it. N3:TD has some awesome bits as well, though it, too, gets a bit campy.

Secret Executioner
Godfrey Ho cited Enter The Ninja as the reason he started churning out his own brand of Ninja action. I read this in an article about IFD film featured in IMPACT magazine back in the 90's.

And he did better than the Cannon Ninja flicks apparently - actually, if American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt is any indication of these movies' quality, make it MUCH better cause that one sure was a stinker. :squigglemouth:

And he did better than the Cannon Ninja flicks apparently - actually, if American Ninja 3: Blood Hunt is any indication of these movies' quality, make it MUCH better cause that one sure was a stinker. :squigglemouth:

The American Ninja films have better production values. Despite the low budget's they still had more money to make those Cannon films than the IFD movies. It would have been interesting if Cannon allowed Godfrey Ho to direct one of the American Ninja series.

Michael Dudikoff was not up to Richard Harrison's level of toughness lol. Harrison could scare his enemies to death just by glancing at them with those cold eye liner clad eyes.

Octagon is one of my favorite ninja flicks starring Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Tadashi Yamashita & Richard Norton.

Secret Executioner
The American Ninja films have better production values. Despite the low budget's they still had more money to make those Cannon films than the IFD movies. It would have been interesting if Cannon allowed Godfrey Ho to direct one of the American Ninja series.

Michael Dudikoff was not up to Richard Harrison's level of toughness lol. Harrison could scare his enemies to death just by glancing at them with those cold eye liner clad eyes.

Octagon is one of my favorite ninja flicks starring Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Tadashi Yamashita & Richard Norton.

And I bet none of the characters from the Cannon Ninja films ever mastered the supreme power of the Golden Ninja Warrior. :tongue:

And I bet none of the characters from the Cannon Ninja films ever mastered the supreme power of the Golden Ninja Warrior. :tongue:

None of them ever mastered it Godfrey Ho Worshipper, Dudikoff would never have needed Steve James as back up if he had mastered the Golden Ninja Warriors power.

Archived