Enter the Ninja / Revenge of the Ninja / Ninja 3: The Domination DVD Releases

kurtz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked the BBFC site and they haven't been submitted as yet. Then again, the board usually pass titles quite quickly prior to the release date. I've had the R1 version of Revenge Of The Ninja for a few years and it's uncut. The BBFC will never release a completely uncut print of Enter the Ninja due to animal cruelty (the film features a cockfight). The violence wouldn't be a problem as shuriken and nunchaku are no longer cut on sight. However, there is an ear clap during the bar fight which would still receive a cut.

I can confirm that 1 minute of cock fighting notwithstanding Enter the Ninja has been released completely UNCUT!

Not a bad print either.. :bigsmile:

Tigerstyles

watched ENTER THE NINJa on MGM HD on UK TV SKY

mint quality, uncut,, totally violent nunchaks ninja stars n all.. i was surprised at the amount of extra bitz

Jeru the Damaja

What about Ninja 3: The Domination and Pray for Death? I would like to see both of these titles released completely uncut as well.

Jeru, though they are not officially out uncut you can pick them up widescreen and uncut on ebay - not bad either..

Tigerstyles, with you there mate - Its funny how after years of seeing it cut , you think to yourself "ahhhh so that is why that bit jumped there.." love those moments of discovery :smile:

Tigerstyles

UK DVD of ENTER THE NINJA

has been passed with cuts this year of 1 minute 5 seconds :(

so some extra footage has been re instated about minute n half prob chakus...It might just be the cock fighting thats been cut on the new release

yep I believe it is ONLY cock fighting that is cut..

I already had a totally uncut version cockfighting included, and there IS a lot of it! Only 2 scenes if memory serves me right but they seem to go on foreever..

There are a LOT of reinstatements..shurikens , darts, caltrops in face, nuns ..all seconds but lots of them.. plus a lot more in the opening credits where sho "showcases" loads of ninja weapons..

Tigerstyles

Franc Nero practising chukas on his front garden LOL

his double Mike Stone was superb on screen and off LEGEND pity he didnt do more

Tigerstyles

Franc Nero practising chukas on his front garden LOL

his double Mike Stone was superb on screen and off LEGEND pity he didnt do more

Funny you say that...Not sure if Mike Stone did the "flippy" type stunts as well as fight stuff but I something I noticed whilst watching the new edition is :-

Actually only noticed this myself as above but is put on imdb far more eloquently than I could put :-

"During the opening sequence Cole does a back flip to get down from a tree and lands behind some tall grass, as he pushes the grass aside and steps through you can see the stuntman who did the back flip trying to hide behind him."

A large bright white lump sitting in a jungle:bigsmile:

still -easy to mock in the modern world of dvd slowdown x5 ......

Guest Markgway

The BBFC originally cut about 4:21 from Enter the Ninja.

Revenge of the Ninja previously lost 6:54 of violence and weapon cuts (now waived).

Jeru the Damaja

http://www.cityonfire.com/shout-factory-brings-home-ninja-iii-the-domination-and-the-howling-to-blu-ray/

Classic 80's cheese with the great Sho Kosugi and Breakin's Lucinda Dickey. I will be very interested to see what kind of extras they can get for this. Hopefully an interview with Sho expressing his thoughts on it. Maybe Shout can get the rights to Revenge of the Ninja and Pray for Death as well. Those are my favorite Kosugi movies from that era, and Pray for Death is long overdue for an official release. I would prefer completely uncut if possible.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Is this going to be the same as the German release which was an absolute abomination?? Or maybe VHS conversion?? I'm willing to bet money that this transfer by Shout factory will be much worse than my Cannon vhs copy..

sifu iron perm

i haven't watched this in decades! I prefer it stays that way..

Remember Sakura Killers?

NoForAnAnswer

Wow. No love for this movie.

I first saw this as a tv double feature with american ninja and its stuck with me ever since. Could never seem to find the vhs for sale though. I will surely buy this one.

ShaOW!linDude

I like this movie. Caught this at the theater when it first came out and the whole 80's ninja crazy was picking up speed. It certainly smokes 9 Deaths of the Ninja and Pray For Death as far as fight choreography goes. Glad to it finally get a dvd release.

masterofoneinchpunch

I have not seen this since the 80s on TV. I had one friend who loved it.

I have and watched recently the MGM MOD (yes I bought it) of Enter the Ninja and the Widescreen three pack with Revenge of the Ninja so I will eventually pick this up.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wait a minute guys? We don't know what the transfer of this movie would be like since this was never released on dvd like ever? Yet this release gets a pass but the Enter The Dragon 40th anniversary doesn't??? Talk to me guys, what's going on?

masterofoneinchpunch
Wait a minute guys? We don't know what the transfer of this movie would be like since this was never released on dvd like ever? Yet this release gets a pass but the Enter The Dragon 40th anniversary doesn't??? Talk to me guys, what's going on?

Well there isn't a bazillion releases of this like Enter the Dragon so a new release of that really needs to top the previous releases. Second Enter the Dragon is a better film so it will (right or wrong) not have the scrutiny that Enter the Dragon does.

But if the transfer is horrid we will hear about it.

Guest Markgway

Most of the Cannon Ninja flicks are lame, and I've never seen a good Sho Kosugi movie.

What's with that wierd egg explosion, Opium?

Killer Meteor

It is likely NInja III will be a fair representation of the original released film. No DVD or Blu Ray of Enter The Dragon has managed this.

Archived