Choy Le Fut Master (aka 'The Master') (2011)

FrankBolte

Kennedy Il Sung

No, this one seems to be a period MA pic, while the other is a modern day one. Also if they were the same one I'm sure they'd feature Sammo a lot in the trailer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I noticed Dragon Shek is in the film, sporting a stache at 1:25 of the trailer.

OpiumKungFuCracker
No, this one seems to be a period MA pic, while the other is a modern day one. Also if they were the same one I'm sure they'd feature Sammo a lot in the trailer.

Yeah, I posted that comment before I saw the trailer... I'm kind of lazy when it comes to links directing to another site....

Wait....there are 2 CLF movies with sammo and yuen wah that just came out?

No, the poster was causing a bit of confusion. The poster was for the movie CHOY LEE FUT, which starred Sammo Hung and Yuen Wah.

CHOI LEI FUT: TRUE MASTER is a period martial arts film that looks to be made for Chinese TV, which is the trailer that Kennedy posted. This film stars Sze Hung-Bor, Ching Ni, and Dragon Shek (yes the Bruce Lee clone).

that lead was in a lot of those cheap fan siu wong movies, he is a good screenfighter.

Sze Hung-Bor even played "Black Mask" in a film called Black Mask vs. Gambling Mastermind, or as I've seen it re-titled Black Mask vs. Saint of Gamblers. Playing the Saint of Gamblers John Ko was Ashton Chen, aka Sik Siu-Lung.

lillippa328

ooh ok i got out of my lazy slump and watched the trailer, that looks good! i need to pick up another chinese kf tv series....the 2 i watched so far were incredible

master-221x300.png

No P.T. Anderson, Lee Van Cleef or Jet Li here...

Might be some kind of TV show that Lionsgate edited together to make a "movie."

xix1X_9KFRM

I`ve been waiting for this release. But, if it is not the complete series then its probably going to suck. What was the release Yuen Biao was in a few years back that was edited from a television series into a movie? Yeah, well, that didn't turn out so well. Wasn't that release a Lionsgate release too? Anyone know where to pick up some of these series? Are they even being released on dvd anymore?

I`ve been waiting for this release. But, if it is not the complete series then its probably going to suck.

This is and always was a movie and not a series.

This is and always was a movie and not a series.

I thought that there was a Choy Le Fut television series from a few years ago. It is not the Sammo movie or the other movie. Guess it can get a little confusing since all 3 were released around the same time.

Bad news, I'm afraid. This film is RUBBISH. Terrible filmmaking, a typical "Oh no! Opium is bad!" plot sprinkled with a dash of "Those pesky Brits!", utterly uninspired fight scenes and just a distinct feeling of emptiness, throughout. I didn't care for anyone in this film...at all:

The lead character, Xiang, has some really nice forms but they're edited horrifically, performed slowly and just don't DO anything/

The whole thing is an overwrought, yawn-fest that I wasted twenty bucks on. Guys, this isn't even worth a rental.

To give you an extra idea as to how bad it is, the last fight scene lasts about a minute and a half. And it's a minute and a half of nothingness at that.

Morgoth Bauglir
There's both a Mandarin and English audio. I watched it subtitled.

Thanks for the review DM. I saw this at Wal Mart and I was wondering about it. You sound like you really felt like crap after watching the final fight:tongue:

Thanks for the review DM. I saw this at Wal Mart and I was wondering about it. You sound like you really felt like crap after watching the final fight:tongue:

I was really sold on the trailer and hoped to see an under-the-radar gem. Sadly, it's quite the opposite.

I was really sold on the trailer and hoped to see an under-the-radar gem. Sadly, it's quite the opposite.

You could have told me this before I blind bought it a couple days ago! :tongue:

Archived