Choy Le Fut Master (aka 'The Master') (2011)

FrankBolte

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Nice find. I didn't know about this one.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing them both.

Looks like a OUaTiC, WFH clone. That does nothing for me.

I think a two-bit clone movie is probably better than most of the kung fu movies we have to put up with today.

I don't know how to embed Youku videos here, but this is a making-of:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE1ODQ0OTA4.html

I also did a Google search and came up with these:

W020101005309181596185.jpg

2010101210474286921.jpg

20101005100813893.jpg

2010101210474234791.jpg

2010101210474236300.jpg

2010101210474210440.jpg

[The film] will be screened during the Spring Festival [in 2011], the crew will be based on the degree of public affection, to complete the follow-up shooting.

Film "Guru" is about the middle of the nineteenth century, boxing master Chen Shiang Cai Lifo vigorous to defend the motherland, resisting foreign aggression, love family stories. 陈享是江门市新会崖门镇京梅村人,生于1806年,自小酷爱武术,师从多家门下,后将所学武功去芜存精,于1836年创造了一套集多家拳法于一身、攻防兼备、刚柔并济的武术体系,以自己的恩师姓氏命名“蔡李佛拳”。 Chen Shiang is Yamen Town, Xinhui, Jiangmen City, Plum Village in Beijing, was born in 1806, childhood love of martial arts, under the tutelage of a number of sects, after the last proven refined martial arts school, in 1836 created a set of more than boxing in one, both offensive and defensive, hardness with softness in the martial arts system, named for his own mentor, "Cai Lifo boxing." 如今,蔡李佛拳派已经枝繁叶茂,成为岭南拳术中最大的流派之一。 Today, Cai Lifo boxing camp has flourish and become the largest of the Lingnan school of boxing.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://nanhaitoday.com/show.php%3Fcontentid-10914.html&ei=HzZ0TaGHGoLB0QH4q4DFAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://nanhaitoday.com/show.php%253Fcontentid-10914.html%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DSBQ%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26prmd%3Divns

looks good..better than the other CLF movie

mfYZ-iWxiEw

It looks good but the Sammo one looks better

It looks good but the Sammo one looks better

matter of taste I guess..the sammo one looks more cheapish and also i didnt like the choreography or how they filmed it...

matter of taste I guess..the sammo one looks more cheapish and also i didnt like the choreography or how they filmed it...

Agreed...it has Sammo, Lau Kar Wing and Yuen Wah...but it looks goddawful.

This movie looks fairly decent, aside from the terrible Western actors. Maybe nothing groundbreaking, but I'll take solid over some of the lacking fu movies we were given in 2010.

AndyWayne84
Agreed...it has Sammo, Lau Kar Wing and Yuen Wah...but it looks goddawful.

This movie looks fairly decent, aside from the terrible Western actors. Maybe nothing groundbreaking, but I'll take solid over some of the lacking fu movies we were given in 2010.

Agreed. I have a feeling i'm going to enjoy this flick i mean what can't go wrong having Sammo, Yuen Wah, Lar Kar Wing, Sammy Hung, and Kane Kosugi.

what can't go wrong having Sammo, Yuen Wah, Lar Kar Wing, Sammy Hung, and Kane Kosugi.

The directing, writing, choreography, acting, editing, pacing, music and cinematography?

:nerd:

AndyWayne84
The directing, writing, choreography, acting, editing, pacing, music and cinematography?

:nerd:

Goodpoint. Until i see it i'm not going to judge it. Ill admit seeing the trailer i want to see it because i'm a fan of the leading Actors Kane and Sammy.

OpiumKungFuCracker

What's with the same title coming out at the same time??? This isn't the same movie is it???

choyleefut.jpg

Archived